Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Congratulations to all of you. In the end, I was rejected by all the programs I applied to... It has been a very painful and exhausting six months. But I may apply again next year. Everyone, please wish me good luck!

P.S. Also, I wanted to ask whether any of you contacted potential advisors before applying.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

@Miaomiao

Hi Miaomiao, I hope you're getting some good rest! Wishing you the best of luck with your applications if you decide to apply next year. From my experience, having connections with POIs is great, but I guess it's not a determining factor. Please don't feel discouraged if you aren't able to contact professors prior to applying. It may be helpful to consider how the research expertise and courses of several professors in the program—alongside your potential advisor—could enrich your work.
Posted
On 5/1/2026 at 5:05 PM, joyha said:

@Miaomiao

Hi Miaomiao, I hope you're getting some good rest! Wishing you the best of luck with your applications if you decide to apply next year. From my experience, having connections with POIs is great, but I guess it's not a determining factor. Please don't feel discouraged if you aren't able to contact professors prior to applying. It may be helpful to consider how the research expertise and courses of several professors in the program—alongside your potential advisor—could enrich your work.

@joyha
Hi joyha, thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. This is really helpful and reassuring, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. Wishing you all the best as well!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use