pipingplover Posted February 17 Posted February 17 (edited) i updated the google sheet for this year https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jf03CCUcmJlMTYI1or4oosnsb9PS1GBZelkww2snsVE/edit?gid=2030683126#gid=2030683126 Edited February 17 by pipingplover DreamCakes, sunny514, Neuroguy86 and 2 others 5
Ryco Posted February 24 Posted February 24 Where are you seeing these updates? On the NDSEG website? Sent to your email?
AstroGator Posted February 25 Posted February 25 (edited) If you log in to the application site, then navigate to "Application" under the "Applicant" drop down menu, there should be a "Last Update" listed in red text (below "Discipline"). Edited February 25 by AstroGator Typo
kristavocado Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Here is some information from the Sam.gov solicitation for NDSEG vendors (i.e., the company contracted to run the fellowship selection process). 4. ESTIMATED PROGRAM TIMELINE Program Marketing and Outreach June - October Fellowship Application Period August/September – October/November Evaluation Panel Application Period September – November Mentor Selection Period September – December Fellowship Application Review Phase I December – mid January Fellowship Application Review Phase II February - March Fellowship Final Selections & RISC Reviews March- April Fellowship Award Notifications Sent May Fellowship Award Announced May/June Fellowship Award Begins 01 September Program Management Reviews August, November, February, and May Evaluation of applicants: The 2026 and 2027 NDSEG selection panel board(s) will review and rank all applicants. The initial review will result in the top 20% per research discipline being selected and eligible for final selection as DoD NDSEG fellows. Final selection of DoD NDSEG fellows will be made by DoD selection panels. DoD selection panels will consist of scientists and engineers from the Department of the Air Force (the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and the United States Space Force (USSF)), the Army Research Office (ARO), and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). Only 20% of all applications are forwarded to final selection. What does this mean in the context of this year's current results? It is unclear, as gradcafe's userbase may consist of more motivated/successful applicants than the general pool. All except two users in the google sheet received a 2/6 update. However, only 23% of users who contributed to the google sheet received a 2/6 update and a 2/12 update. None of the reddit users who commented received a 2/12 update. It is likely that the 2/12 update is more representative of who will be sent to final review than the 2/6 update, as it roughly matches the percentage of applicants expected to pass review round II. However, there is no real way of knowing. Also, someone deleted ~30 rows of the excel sheet today. To see the old rows, look in the version history. meetlinear and sunny514 2
meetlinear Posted February 26 Posted February 26 1 hour ago, kristavocado said: Here is some information from the Sam.gov solicitation for NDSEG vendors (i.e., the company contracted to run the fellowship selection process). 4. ESTIMATED PROGRAM TIMELINE Program Marketing and Outreach June - October Fellowship Application Period August/September – October/November Evaluation Panel Application Period September – November Mentor Selection Period September – December Fellowship Application Review Phase I December – mid January Fellowship Application Review Phase II February - March Fellowship Final Selections & RISC Reviews March- April Fellowship Award Notifications Sent May Fellowship Award Announced May/June Fellowship Award Begins 01 September Program Management Reviews August, November, February, and May Evaluation of applicants: The 2026 and 2027 NDSEG selection panel board(s) will review and rank all applicants. The initial review will result in the top 20% per research discipline being selected and eligible for final selection as DoD NDSEG fellows. Final selection of DoD NDSEG fellows will be made by DoD selection panels. DoD selection panels will consist of scientists and engineers from the Department of the Air Force (the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and the United States Space Force (USSF)), the Army Research Office (ARO), and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). Only 20% of all applications are forwarded to final selection. What does this mean in the context of this year's current results? It is unclear, as gradcafe's userbase may consist of more motivated/successful applicants than the general pool. All except two users in the google sheet received a 2/6 update. However, only 23% of users who contributed to the google sheet received a 2/6 update and a 2/12 update. None of the reddit users who commented received a 2/12 update. It is likely that the 2/12 update is more representative of who will be sent to final review than the 2/6 update, as it roughly matches the percentage of applicants expected to pass review round II. However, there is no real way of knowing. Also, someone deleted ~30 rows of the excel sheet today. To see the old rows, look in the version history. This is what I suspected based on previous years. Previous years had passed 30-40% of applicants to the DoD panels I believe, but with the funding cuts and likely elevated number of applicants it's not surprising that they're being much more selective this year. Of course we don't know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, so we won't really know until the awards are released. I'm personally leaning pessimistic as I didn't get a 2/12, but the NDSEG is super competitive even in normal years so it's no big deal tbh Also fellowship rewards are released in May this year lol? That would be unfortunate if that were the case as many of us are probably were hoping that a potential NDSEG fellowship could help sway decisions for PhD admissions.
burnttoast10 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Received an email outlining timelines as well as statements you agreed to that I assume most people got. Last application update was 2/6/26 for geosciences.
HopefulOceanographer Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Hi longtime observer of this thread first time poster(but I have filled in my details in the spreadsheet). I also just got an email from Systems Plus. Last I checked my application had its last update on 2/6 (but I suppose I should check again). Including the text of the email below since they don’t have any language in the email suggesting we cannot share it. S/O to all of you who’ve posted on this thread. It’s honestly helped me stay sane. Might be counter intuitive to root for you all, but I’m carrying a lot of hope for this crew. ❤️ Our program office received your application for the 2026 Department of Defense (DoD) National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship. We are providing you with an update on the application timeline. Application reviews are on track to finish by the end of March 2026. We anticipate that the final results will be available between late April and the end of May. You may track the status of your application via the NDSEG portal by then. As a reminder, by submitting your application via the NDSEG system you have agreed to the following: “I certify that the facts contained in this application are true and complete. I understand that, if selected for a fellowship, falsified statements on this application shall be grounds for immediate cancellation of the fellowship. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application as may be necessary in arriving at a fellowship decision. I authorize my employers and references to give any and all information they may have concerning my previous employment and any pertinent information they may have otherwise to Systems Plus, Inc. and I release all parties from all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing same.” “I understand that consumer reports, including investigative consumer reports, which may contain public record information, may be obtained as part of the pre-fellowship background investigation, or at any time during my fellowship. These reports may include, the following information: academics, performance evaluation, employment history, attendance, character, credit history, names and dates of previous employers, reason for termination of employment, work experience, accidents, etc. I further understand that such reports may contain public record information concerning my driving records, worker's compensation claims, bankruptcy proceeding, criminal records, etc., from federal, state and other agencies. I hereby release any person, agency, organization, or institution, including National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NDSEG), Department of Defense (DoD) and Systems Plus, Inc., from any and all liability whatsoever resulting from this inquiry. This release is binding, now and in the future, on my heirs, assigns, associates, and personal representative(s) of any nature.” DreamCakes and onsager101 2
gosick Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Yeah, I got that email as well, right as I was thinking about NDSEG.
onsager101 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 The time when theey send these emails are differing from person to person, (i got it around 3:20 pm while others closer to 12?). So if anyone hasnt received it yet, be patient!
rainbowsocks Posted March 3 Posted March 3 I noticed the spreadsheet has decisions posted already (e.g. Selected, Not selected)? Are these real or is someone trolling?
onsager101 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 it has to be a troll, we literally got an email saying results will be delayed.
meetlinear Posted March 6 Posted March 6 I believe this is information already available online, but I emailed the NDSEG office regarding the application timeline and they mentioned that the acceptance rate in recent years has been 3-7%, for anyone curious sunny514 and onsager101 1 1
ballislife Posted March 25 Posted March 25 5 hours ago, sunny514 said: no updates since 2/12 for me. Same but since 2/6
arbitrarydog Posted April 3 Posted April 3 I am still 2/6 as well. has anyone else gotten the 3/31 update?
roastedsquash Posted April 3 Posted April 3 Just speculation, but I think if we didn't get the 2/12 update, then we are most likely out of the running.
meetlinear Posted April 4 Posted April 4 5 hours ago, roastedsquash said: Just speculation, but I think if we didn't get the 2/12 update, then we are most likely out of the running. Yeah that's what I suspect as well. The 2/12 update likely corresponded to your application being sent to the DoD panel reviews.
gosick Posted April 13 Posted April 13 gg not selected, curious what is the acceptance rate this time around. If we use the April update in the google sheet to estimate it seems much lower than previous years
kristavocado Posted April 13 Posted April 13 (edited) Not selected, but not a surprise despite assurances otherwise by the program coordinators (no updates since submission, submitted while the website was bugging out) Also wondering if there will be a similar award distribution by discipline this year as the GRFP. Engineering disciplines were overwhelmingly favored for awards, but got very few HMs. It makes me wonder if there was an internal memo to reviewers to favor engineering proposals. https://www.reddit.com/r/GRFPApps/comments/1sjs52m/major_field_of_study_for_awardees_and_hms/ Also my portal still says "Last updated 11/14/2025" EDIT: Received this email: Hello, Final selections and notifications have not been made. All applicants will receive an official email notification once the DoW has made their final award decisions. Thanks, Mary This is consistent with past years, though. There have not been any decision reversals after the portal is updated afaik Edited April 13 by kristavocado
nems Posted April 14 Posted April 14 (edited) fwiw, i had 0 updates since 2/12, checked my portal today (4/14), and it said "selected"! i applied for materials science with ARO/ONR, and wrote for the CAMD (ai for materials) BAA. Edited April 14 by nems sunny514, kristavocado and gosick 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now