mistersir Posted August 15 Posted August 15 Starting a new thread for Fall 2027! Is it too early to submit to Iowa? They only mention the Dec 15th deadline. Is there an official date for when they start accepting applications? lap0414 1
lap0414 Posted August 21 Posted August 21 I’m planning on waiting until at least mid-september to be sure but I’ve also had a similar issue with finding open dates for a lot of programs!
Theodosia Posted August 26 Posted August 26 Did anyone else not realize that Miami University (Ohio) is suspending their MFA program?? Because I sure didn't.
whalefirework Posted August 29 Posted August 29 (edited) Saw this in Draft, but BU is pausing admissions this cycle by the way. https://www.bu.edu/creativewriting/admissions/ Edited August 29 by whalefirework
Theodosia Posted September 1 Posted September 1 On 8/15/2026 at 6:10 PM, mistersir said: Starting a new thread for Fall 2027! Is it too early to submit to Iowa? They only mention the Dec 15th deadline. Is there an official date for when they start accepting applications? I submitted my initial application this morning! Even though their website hasn't been updated, the application portal does have an option for you to choose Fall 2027 as your preferred term. mistersir 1
mistersir Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 On 8/28/2026 at 7:51 PM, whalefirework said: Saw this in Draft, but BU is pausing admissions this cycle by the way. https://www.bu.edu/creativewriting/admissions/ that's sad
mistersir Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) Just an FYI, Rice now has a brand-new fully funded MFA program: Creative Writing | Department of English | Rice University Edited September 17 by mistersir hyperlink
Theodosia Posted September 18 Posted September 18 (edited) Where is everyone applying? The hyperfixation has been hyperfixating so I'm just about done with applications, even though it's September. I'm applying (in Fiction) to: IWW, Syracuse, Amherst, Brown, Ohio State, Idaho, Minnesota (Twin Cities), Boise State, Bowling Green, NC State, Oregon, Maryland, Washington St. Louis, and Arizona. This is technically my second application cycle because last year I applied to IWW on a hypomanic whim, but this year I'm applying with actual strategy, a sample that I've spent hours on, and an SOP that has been written and revised to avoid some of the mistakes I made last time. Looking forward to spending this application cycle with you all! See you in February. Edited September 18 by Theodosia
mistersir Posted Friday at 11:18 PM Author Posted Friday at 11:18 PM On 9/18/2026 at 1:40 PM, Theodosia said: Where is everyone applying? The hyperfixation has been hyperfixating so I'm just about done with applications, even though it's September. I'm applying (in Fiction) to: IWW, Syracuse, Amherst, Brown, Ohio State, Idaho, Minnesota (Twin Cities), Boise State, Bowling Green, NC State, Oregon, Maryland, Washington St. Louis, and Arizona. This is technically my second application cycle because last year I applied to IWW on a hypomanic whim, but this year I'm applying with actual strategy, a sample that I've spent hours on, and an SOP that has been written and revised to avoid some of the mistakes I made last time. Looking forward to spending this application cycle with you all! See you in February. Just finished applying to: IWW, Michigan, Notre Dame, UofMiami, Michener, Vanderbilt, and Cornell. Waiting on Brown and Montana to open their apps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now