HDS admissions - a harbinger of potential postmark leniency

Dillskyplayer

Being from Minnesota and currently attending grad school in the Twin Cities -- snow and ice doesn't phase me! But apparently the east coast is not prepared!

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your application to Harvard Divinity School.

Due to a winter storm in the Cambridge area, Harvard Divinity School will be closed on Wednesday, February 2, 2011. Weather permitting, we expect to be open today until 5:00 PM EST and available to answer questions by phone at 617-495-5796. However, please note that the best way to reach us today and tomorrow is via email at admissions@hds.harvard.edu.

Thank you for your patience with the frequent storms we are experiencing this winter.

Best regards,

HDS Office of Admissions

admissions@hds.harvard.edu

For whatever reason they seem to have more of a problem with it on their campus. Maybe since Cambridge is congested? I was there earlier for a class I'm taking and it always seems like there is more snow, too. I wish I would have taken a Wednesday class there...haha.

Hmm, I haven't see a similar email, but I didn't submit until after your email date stamp. All my supporting documents *should* be there already; they were sent for the original Jan 11 deadline.

Hmm, I haven't see a similar email, but I didn't submit until after your email date stamp. All my supporting documents *should* be there already; they were sent for the original Jan 11 deadline.

Not sure why it's acting like I'm in some odd timezone. I'm central time USA. I received the email this morning around 10-11am or so. Submitted my application to Harvard probably a week or so before the deadline, not that it should make a difference!

Being from Minnesota and currently attending grad school in the Twin Cities -- snow and ice doesn't phase me! But apparently the east coast is not prepared!

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your application to Harvard Divinity School.

Due to a winter storm in the Cambridge area, Harvard Divinity School will be closed on Wednesday, February 2, 2011. Weather permitting, we expect to be open today until 5:00 PM EST and available to answer questions by phone at 617-495-5796. However, please note that the best way to reach us today and tomorrow is via email at admissions@hds.harvard.edu.

Thank you for your patience with the frequent storms we are experiencing this winter.

Best regards,

HDS Office of Admissions

admissions@hds.harvard.edu

If you don't mind me asking, are you at the U? I did my undergrad there and finished in 2009. Us Minnesotan 's are pretty tough when it comes to winter but I am over it this year.