I Heard From a School

I Paint Faces

For Tyler, you can check your Temple application to see what materials are in and your status. Go here and then follow the link for the 'banner application' and plug in your ID and PIN. I think most programs require interviews, but it sounds like only GAID and Sculpture applicants have been notified so far.

Good luck!

Thanks! I never bothered to check back in. :lol: Its good to see they have all my stuff, guess I just have to wait for a yay or a nay.

Good luck to you as well!

Thanks! I never bothered to check back in. :lol: Its good to see they have all my stuff, guess I just have to wait for a yay or a nay.

Good luck to you as well!

FUCKING HELL....two of my letters of recommendation never came in at Tyler. WTF

Great, more shit to freak out about.

Never mind guys that I gave you a fucking spreadsheet with every school and it's requirement for letters of recommendation in OCTOBER.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(drinks himself into a stupor)

I hear ya!! One of my professor is technologically inept and just wouldnt/couldnt figure out how to upload the letters. So ON THE DAY THEY WERE DUE I had to call him 15 times and even have another professor go to his house and help him do it!!!!! HAND HOLDING!!!!!! I'm so grateful for what they did for me but I'm sure its easy to forget how important this is when you have been a professor for a long time! call and see if anything can be done....

Never mind guys that I gave you a fucking spreadsheet with every school and it's requirement for letters of recommendation in OCTOBER.

Damn! That sucks, you better call asap.

I remember them saying in that preliminary email that if you were missing important items they would contact you, its pretty lame of them for not doing that. Maybe they didn't need the recommendations to make an informed decision?

I've already sent them an email, and I plan to call them first thing in the morning. I can only hope that I'm not disqualified for something that is out of my control. I checked in with them regularly on the letters.

Tyler is my 2nd choice too....that would be epically horrible to be thrown out of consideration.

I've already sent them an email, and I plan to call them first thing in the morning. I can only hope that I'm not disqualified for something that is out of my control. I checked in with them regularly on the letters.

Tyler is my 2nd choice too....that would be epically horrible to be thrown out of consideration.

called Tyler. no sweat about the missing letters...they said my referrers can email their letters directly to her. WHEW. I was about to flip my wig. :lol:

BTW apparently the Painting Department first cuts have been made, and notifications should go next week!

Talked to Tyler about this too–they said that they can still review your work, even with items like letters of rec. or transcripts missing. They just need them in the end for an official acceptance. I also had a professor directly e.mail a letter–after it didn't show up in the mail–and it was promptly processed.

Also, you can check your Temple application to see what materials are in and your status. Go here and then follow the link for the 'banner application' and plug in your ID and PIN.

Good luck!

no, no indication why--very weird, but i assume it was an administrator who told me 'no interviews' and she may have been mistaken?? it's a phone interview with several of the faculty...yikes!

Congrats!!! I applied there too...wondering if I'll hear from them anytime soon. Is it an in-person interview? Did they give you any indication of why they are doing the interview despite what they say about not doing them?

We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on February 15, 2011, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site. Please contact the Art MFA program if you have any questions regarding this decision.

Best regards,Office of Graduate Admissions and Academic Services

University of California, Davis

That's the email I received, but they just called me beforehand, maybe you'll get a call soon!

We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on February 15, 2011, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site. Please contact the Art MFA program if you have any questions regarding this decision.

Best regards,Office of Graduate Admissions and Academic Services

University of California, Davis

Hi! Congratulations for the interview! Can you please post here after the interview? I too applied for PennDesign and was told that they do not conduct interviews... Actually it says on the FAQ section on their website that they do not conduct interviews... so I'm very curious. Best luck for the interview! :)

I too got an interview at Penn Design for next tuesday at 11:30... very curious, but still exciting!d

I was skeptical about his also. In fact just two minutes before I recieved the email about the interview, I had recieved a response to an email I had written PennDesign admissions asking specifically about interviews. the email the admissions person sent me said simply, "interviews are NOT a part of the admissions process" ?????????????? Literally imediately after that I got the eamil directly form the director of the MFA program, so.... I dont know what to think. I know that last year they didnt interview, so perhaps this is new for them. Godd luck! and I will let you know...

Hi! Congratulations for the interview! Can you please post here after the interview? I too applied for PennDesign and was told that they do not conduct interviews... Actually it says on the FAQ section on their website that they do not conduct interviews... so I'm very curious. Best luck for the interview! :)

yes, this was super weird. i had the exact same experience. question: they offered me a 1pm time next mon, and asked if that would be convenient, but i'm actually going to be traveling for work, so i wrote back and (very politely) asked if there were any alternate times. that was last night, and i still haven't heard--they wouldn't retract the interview just because i asked for a different time, right? i'm so jumpy and paranoid, that i'm starting to convince myself that that's what happened. should i not have asked??

I was skeptical about his also. In fact just two minutes before I recieved the email about the interview, I had recieved a response to an email I had written PennDesign admissions asking specifically about interviews. the email the admissions person sent me said simply, "interviews are NOT a part of the admissions process" ?????????????? Literally imediately after that I got the eamil directly form the director of the MFA program, so.... I dont know what to think. I know that last year they didnt interview, so perhaps this is new for them. Godd luck! and I will let you know...

So if I didn't hear from SMFA today about an interview do you think I'm rejected?

It's hard to say, but since it's one studio arts program versus several departments, I'd imagine they sent all notifications today. But, who really knows. These schools seem a little unorganized at times, ha.

So I get this email from an SAIC (School of the Art Institute of Chicago) faculty member in the writing department (I'm applying for the writing program)

"As part of the admissions process, we like to have a brief conversation (10 to 15 minutes) with students who are applying, basically to see if they have any questions about the school and/or the Writing Program, especially given that the Writing Program is housed in an art school and the fact that the nature of our curriculum itself is unique, or even questions about life in Chicago."

So we talk. It really is 10 minutes, and it really is just him asking if I have any questions. I asked some stuff I already knew about so I could plug a little of my app into conversation, but he hadn't read it from what I could tell.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Why on earth are they asking a month after apps were turned in if I have any questions about the program? Surely it's too late for that sort of thing now? Surely the only burning question is: am I in or out?

Chime in please! Going a little crazy.

P.S. They will finish the app review process for the SAIC writing program in a coming week. Good luck everyone!

Ughh, Im sorry to hear. I know you really wanted to go there. :(

Ya, I think I'd be taking it harder if I hadn't already been accepted to another UC...oh well, on to the next one. I know competing at this tier is mostly denials, even with art, I think I've been denied more chances to show than I've been accepted to, some people feel me and love it, some don't and write me off. Its kind of the path I've chosen...

Ya, I think I'd be taking it harder if I hadn't already been accepted to another UC...oh well, on to the next one. I know competing at this tier is mostly denials, even with art, I think I've been denied more chances to show than I've been accepted to, some people feel me and love it, some don't and write me off. Its kind of the path I've chosen...

Congrats on getting into a UC school! You mind sharing which one?