I Heard From a School

I Paint Faces

I received an interview for SAIC printmedia in the mail on Saturday.

On 2/15/2011 at 11:43 PM, borges said:

Hey everybody! I have been checking out this site for some time, and finally decided to join the fray! I applied to printmedia at SAIC but I haven't heard anything. Anyone get an interview or rejection from that department yet?

rejected

yale

accepted

University of Chicago

Washington University in St. Louis (WashU)

no word yet

SAIC

CalArts

Columbia

New York University (NYU)

UCSD

Anyone else get and email from RISD asking for you to submit the FAFSA by March 15th?

I'm wondering if this is a good omen or not seeing as I didn't get one of these last year. (I never delete email and I checked. Yep, I'm that crazy)

Seems like everyone who applied to RISD got this email. I didn't get one of these last year as well. I don't think you're crazy for not deleting email (relating to grad school apps). When I saw this on my inbox, I started to get really hopeful (I wonder if schools/admissions offices just love to do this to us...MICA emailed a list of visiting artists last week), and then I thought it's still too early for RISD to send out interview invites. Last year, they emailed for interviews on the last Friday of Feb. I wish schools would stop emailing about FAFSA reminders, I submitted that on the 2nd week of January...

Anyone else get and email from RISD asking for you to submit the FAFSA by March 15th?

I'm wondering if this is a good omen or not seeing as I didn't get one of these last year. (I never delete email and I checked. Yep, I'm that crazy)

Edited by Payne

so you are saying you got an interview at UC Irvine? How did you hear? Just wondering since I applied there too...

first time post long time lurker.

so far i have/had interviews with MICA, Yale, and Tonight i heard that UC IRVINE is asking to interview.

Still waiting to hear from VCU, UCLA, USC, Rutgers

anyone heard from these schools?

oh yeah/ its sculpture. mostly do installation, performance, video

You are the only other person I have met on here that applied to MICA low res... How did it go? I am bummed I did not get an interview. Hopefully that does mean I am completely out...

Interview with Northwestern on 2/25... I also interviewed for the MICA low-residency MFA program last Friday. Can't wait for this process to be OVER.

FYI for anyone applying to USC: I started an application there and decided not to go through with it. I got an email a few nights ago saying they were about to review materials and I still had time to complete my application...

Ok, so I'm in Africa and the Old Man (never one to be exact when you need him to be) sends me an email (from the UK) Re: MFA Photo application stating that:

'Pratt have sent a graduate bulletin (v large book) plus invitation to an information session etc, letter ends with "look forward to hearing from you"'

Is this some kind of acceptance?

Edited by christophinoz

Ok, so I'm in Africa and the Old Man (never one to be exact when you need him to be) sends me an email (from the UK) Re: MFA Photo application stating that:

'Pratt have sent a graduate bulletin (v large book) plus invitation to an information session etc, letter ends with "look forward to hearing from you"'

Is this some kind of acceptance?

No it isn't

congrats another! do you have a website? curious to know what your work looks like...

I got an acceptance email from UC Berkeley today! They're mailing me an official letter with all the details of their offer, but according to the website it's fully funded and they even give a small stipend to some students — plus there are paid teaching opportunities. I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 other programs, but it's going to be tough to beat that.