I Heard From a School

I Paint Faces

CONGRATS ON YOUR INTERVIEW! What is your focus? Is it painting? When/how did you hear about the interview? good luck!

Thanks Frequent Flyer! Focus is print media. Received letter via snail mail on 16 Feb. Nervously waiting the date! At least there is plenty of time to prepare.

All the best for your apps - hope you have some news soon.

update:

today i got into RUTGERS!

guy mentioned that i'd probably get a scholarship/TA, but we'll see soon.

said i'd get a letter in the mail with additional details.

my current list is

MICA interviewed

YALE interview 3/29

Rutgers accepted

UC Irvine interview 3/1

UCLA (no news but probably rejected)

USC (still waiting)

VCU(still waiting)

sculpture

update:

today i got into RUTGERS!

guy mentioned that i'd probably get a scholarship/TA, but we'll see soon.

said i'd get a letter in the mail with additional details.

i got the same phone call! congrats!

I'm the same way! I put my work up, and like to see others' work because I'm interested, and I like to get feedback wherever I can! I haven't really gotten any here, but I'm always welcoming discussion.

Initially when i joined this little forum I had thought, sure. What a great way to connect with other people applying to the same programs I am, this will give me a better understanding of when and how the decisions are made. Now I think to myself "why on earth would i put myself through this?" It's hard enough isn't it?

Either way, i really feel more connected with other artists, through the rejection and the acceptance process. It's like an open crit, but no one shows their work . . . which feels a bit odd to me. And in my opinion, isn't it good to know that prospective faculty would be checking this out? If your confident in what you do, show it! Call it whatever you want, the more exposure the more response, the more interaction.

That's what these things are for right?

maybe we'll get to be classmates!

it's a good chance, we're looking at 3 of the same schools :)

Did you just apply to Mt. Royal? I feel like I remember you applying to Hoffberger as well or maybe I imagined that...

i applied to both...but never heard from hoffberger

I'm a printmaker and applied to Columbia, RISD, Rugters and Temple also.

Haven't heard diddly.

The only place I've heard from is Yale. Rejected. Surprised? NO.

Ok so im freaking out!

is anyone applying to these schools for the printmaking program, and have you heard anything

UCLA

Cornell

COLUMBIA

RISD

TEMPLE

RUTGUR

sigh i got rejected from yale too. oh well. they only have like 3 spots for printmakers.

but i havent heard anything back from all the other schools.

from wat everyone else is saying tyler has already decided.

im scared to check my mail box. =<

I'm a printmaker and applied to Columbia, RISD, Rugters and Temple also.

Haven't heard diddly.

The only place I've heard from is Yale. Rejected. Surprised? NO.

Baja, I didn't get a merit scholarship... just need based, so the max fafsa will give :-( . I'm thinking I won't be able to afford to go! :-( Pafa is really expensive. (as they all are) But we'll see....I've got til April to figure it out.

TODAY:

Tyler - rejected - ohhhhhhhh welllllllllllllllllllll. blah.

PAFA - accepted with scholarship!

Oh...are you painting/ printmaking for VCU? If so, I guess I should assume I didn't make the first cut. Sad...

I heard from CalArts today, rejected by mail.

Also VCU emailed me today: passed preliminary, will do a phone interview within the next three days.

That's awesome!

So do you mean you got full tuition remission or you got full tuition remission plus 25k stipend?

which uc?

Got an email from a UC Today telling me I got a scholarship for 25K in the first year over the full tuition remission...pretty sweet.

Can you please explain, what was your point of your post exactly ? You don't want to share which school... how do any of us benefit from such a mysterious post?

power trip?.... LAME!

From what I understand it is tuition, health, + 22K stipend, I'd rather not say what UC right now. The second semester they said I get TAship and I'd have to reapply for the fellowship.

well is doesnt appear that you have posted anything of relevance about any school to which you have applied, nor have you contributed to the post in any productuve way so it seems slightly hypocritical to have said "what is the point." When in fact he same could be said of your post. You could have been more tactful.. we are all adults here. COME ON!

no need to be.

just think it's really dumb the question couldn't be answered.

so like I asked what was the point of posting?

Actually if you need to know my life story I just found this forum yesterday...

so like i said WHAT WAS THE POINT?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS:

---------> I HEARD FROM A SCHOOL GUYS AND I KNOW THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS BUT I'M STILL NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHO I HEARD FROM.... SWEET!!!

I've applied to

Yale- Interview

SAIC- ACCEPTED

Calarts- Interview

UCI- Interview

UCD-Rejected

UCR- Rejected

UCSB- ACCEPTED.

UCLA-???

UCSD-??

Columbia-???

Hunter-???

well is doesnt appear that you have posted anything of relevance about any school to which you have applied, nor have you contributed to the post in any productuve way so it seems slightly hypocritical to have said "what is the point." When in fact he same could be said of your post. You could have been more tactful.. we are all adults here. COME ON!

well thanks for contributing and good luck to you with everything!!!!

Actually if you need to know my life story I just found this forum yesterday...

so like i said WHAT WAS THE POINT?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS:

---------> I HEARD FROM A SCHOOL GUYS AND I KNOW THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS BUT I'M STILL NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHO I HEARD FROM.... SWEET!!!

I've applied to

Yale- Interview

SAIC- ACCEPTED

Calarts- Interview

UCI- Interview

UCD-Rejected

UCR- Rejected

UCSB- ACCEPTED.

UCLA-???

UCSD-??

Columbia-???

Hunter-???

well thanks for contributing and good luck to you with everything!!!!

Perhaps LC could have been more tactful, but the point she made is still valid. If you consider the purpose of this board to be the dissemination of helpful information, I think you have to agree that racuerex's post was written with the sole intent of inspiring people to congratulate him or her.

Also, looks like racuerex and LC both got into UCSB. I'd say LC has every right to be a little vexed that racuerex won't say which school the offer came from.