Results Page

Lola80

Today I saw the first acceptance for the program at the only school to which I applied. I feel as though someone punched me in the stomach. Although, I haven't received any bad news. I'm beginning to think that no news is impending bad news. :huh:

It's not necessarily bad news at all. Maybe they haven't contacted all people who have been admitted as yet. Maybe they are doing rolling admissions and haven't considered your app yet. There really is too many variables involved to predict that this is bad news. I know the feeling though - I've seen 2 admits from 1 of my schools since last Friday and I haven't heard from them yet.

They could be reviewing in batches, the accept could be nominated for a university-wide fellowship, they could be spacing out the admit calls, the call could be up to your person of interest or advisor to make and s/he didn't get to it today, you could be on a waitlist - hang in there, don't give up hope yet. There are myriad reasons not to have heard back yet. Last year several programs sent out one or two acceptances and then nothing until a week or two later, then a flurry of new acceptances. Hang in there - don't give up yet!!

Thanks! It's really weighing on me. I think I spend far too much time on this website and it has started to consume me. I'm trying to have a positive outlook but, have definitely questioned my decision to only apply to one school and the quality of my application. I suppose there is nothing to do but, try to be positive and wait it out.