Yale CS PhD F11

DamianD

Has anybody already heard something from Yale? I'm asking because I saw this result:

Yale UniversityComputer Science, PhD (F11)Interview via E-mail on 1 Feb 2011U2 Feb 2011requested to have a phone/skype interview

And I haven't heard anything from them yet, but haven't seen any other messages either...

• 2 weeks later...

You mean how many got accepted but declined the offer?

That's what's missing here, yes.

didn't you guys realize this when you were applying?

I didn't apply there, but that was because school shut down its network over winter break, and I lost the chance to get my recommendations in on time. I don't have a particularly competitive profile, though, so it would have been just flushing money down the toilet anyway.

this waiting game is just pathetic. i was going to say it's actually best to be pessimistic- you know - expect the worst (a reject) and then any good news is just a gift? but then i read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12480310 and decided it might actually be a better idea to pray for the best and keep your spirits up.

Good luck everyone! and stay positive!

when was the visiting day?

March 23rd. And I was wrong: there were 7 people who attended, and 2 that accepted out of those.

Edited by OH YEAH

I got into Yale last year. There were 8 people at the visiting day. I think out of those one accepted the offer.

Out of curiosity, what was your CV like when you applied last year, assuming you applied to the Ph.D. CS program? The reason I ask is because I heard, through a post-doc in another department, that journal/conference publications aren't given an incredibly high weight in the admissions decision process, which seems incredibly counter-intuitive.

Another thing to add to my above post:

It was on the results page. Do you know what their acceptance rate is? I couldn't find any statistics.

What results page are you talking about? The only one I'm familiar with is the application page:

https://www.yale.edu...ply_online.html

which only gives the progress of your application, i.e., not started, started, and submitted, and when the necessary documents, i.e., transcripts, test scores, and recommendations, were also received.

Another thing to add to my above post:

What results page are you talking about? The only one I'm familiar with is the application page:

https://www.yale.edu...ply_online.html

which only gives the progress of your application, i.e., not started, started, and submitted, and when the necessary documents, i.e., transcripts, test scores, and recommendations, were also received.

I'm pretty sure he means the results page here, on gradcafe: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=computer+yale&t=a&pp=25

Has anybody already heard something from Yale? I'm asking because I saw this result:

I called up the department registrar and was told that rejection/acceptance postings should be up by tonight on the ApplyYourself website.

Here's wishing luck to everyone that applied!

I called up the department registrar and was told that rejection/acceptance postings should be up by tonight on the ApplyYourself website.

Here's wishing luck to everyone that applied!

Has anybody checked the decision status through the website?

I cannot find the link.