Met Internships

zoltan

Anyone applying to the Met's summer internships hear back? They are supposed to notify semifinalists today. If we haven't heard anything yet, does that mean bad news?

Anyone applying to the Met's summer internships hear back? They are supposed to notify semifinalists today. If we haven't heard anything yet, does that mean bad news?

I sent an email asking my status at 3:23pm EST, and at 6:18 EST I got a message (not a reply) that I had been selected as a semifinalist. Hopefully you got the good news in your inbox after business hours, too.

Congrats! I hope you get the internship and enjoy the experience working there.

Thank you! Me too. I began lusting for this position in 2009 but was afraid to apply until this year. Just being a semifinalist is a great honor.

NB, the latest director of the Met is a tapestry expert, and there is almost no field more overlooked than that.....;)

You don't say! That is very good news indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats recycledviking! I am a semifinalist as well, different field from yours, though... I'm assuming we'll hear about interviews any day now.

anonymousbequest- since I am gathering you are on the inside, do you have a sense of how many people they interview out of the 1500?

Cheers.

Anyone hear back?

There are four of us now! I strongly suspect that we will not hear about interviews until the last possible minute. Zoltan and I both heard about our semi-finalcy on the last day. I bet that all the snow did a number on the committee/board/whatever's planning meetings and they are struggling to catch up still.

Let's pass the time by introducing ourselves! I bet we'll be working together this summer :D

I applied to Medieval Art and Arms and Armor. I'm about to finish an MA in Medieval Studies and I have a BA in Medieval Studies and History. I volunteer at the Higgins Armory in Worcester, MA. My parents live on a NJTransit line to the city, so if when B) I get the internship I'll move home for the summer and commute in.

How about you?

I strongly suspect that we will not hear about interviews until the last possible minute.

Agreed.

As for me, I'm a first-year grad student. I focus mainly on 20th-century American and European art and so, not surprisingly, I'm hoping to work in the Modern dept.

Best of luck to everyone.

Haha, I am undergrad applicant, so I guess I'm on the different pool from you guys. I applied for Junior Mentoring program and The Cloisters internship, but only heard back from Junior Mentoring program.

I'm undergrad art history major, probably concentrating on 20th c and contemporary European/American art :]

Good luck! I hope we could hear back soon (some good news, of course)

Hi!

I'm also an undergraduate in my junior year, but applying to the main summer internship. I'm interested in 18th and 19th century art, and I'm applying to the Drawings & Prints and the European Paintings department.

I hope I'll meet you all this summer! :)

Welp, it's February 28 at 8pm, and unless there's some late night admissions committee activity, I do believe we will not hear about our application status until it is March!

Here's hoping that tomorrow brings good news!

Welp, it's February 28 at 8pm, and unless there's some late night admissions committee activity, I do believe we will not hear about our application status until it is March!

Here's hoping that tomorrow brings good news!

From the website:

"Finalists will be contacted and invited for an interview during the month of March."

Obviously that could contradict the language of the email a bit. Hopefully decisions are not far off. I'd love to be able to move forward with other plans if this doesn't pan out :P

Hi there!

I'm joining the 'waiting on pins and needles' group. I am too a semi-finalist (undergrad) and am waiting to hear back regarding a finalist status. I actually sent an email yesterday, because I am also up for an internship at the Frick-and they have asked my status :blink:

I'm an Art History major, but am gearing towards Museum Education.

Swear to all I'll let you know when/if I hear something if you all would do the same!

Best,

Jen

So I got an email today in response to my will we know either way question.

Thank you for your email. Our office is contacting finalists to arrange interviews; if you have not been invited for an interview, then you were not selected as a finalist. Final notifications will be sent to all applicants via email on April 1, 2011. Thank you again for the effort you devoted to your applicatio

Ooh posted too soon. Regardless, no call for me today. :( hope you all have better news!

Posed too soon? So, does that mean they are done contacting people...?

No call here. :/