Met Internships

zoltan

Wow...they definitely said in their confirmation email that official decisions would be made by April 5 and that finalists would be offered an interview before that.  Kromanic, did you apply to the unpaid internship?  I think the timeline for hearing back about that is a little later than for the paid internships.  I'm starting to think that the time for hearing back about paid internships (which is all I applied for; I can't justify living in New York otherwise) has passed.  Otherwise they are not only not on top of things, but sending outright misinformation to applicants.  That's not cool.

Edit:  Yep, I just checked my email.

Thank you for applying for an internship at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Finalists will be invited for an in-person or telephone interview. All applicants will be notified of final decisions by April 5, 2013.

Aww, damn.  Time to give up hope.

Edited by alpheratz

Thank you @kromanic. That's somewhat of a relief! Yet, I am with @alphertz, the selection committee is pretty good at getting back to people and didn't we have another poster who was contacted for an interview already (?). Why would they use "probably", either it's mid to late April or it's not, as it is there's enough confusion. The probably sends my red flags up. Did you quote the email verbatim?

Again, thank you for sharing. :) 

i have to agree with alpheratz and equestrian19, it seems to be getting too late to notify people if they will be interviewing. if there are 40 total spots, that's quite a few interviews to arrange by April 5th (my email also noted that as the date by which final decisions would be given). i don't know exactly what to make of all the mixed signals about notifications, interviews, etc. but my hope is waning. 

Hi all, I applied for the paid, year long internship in education.  I called today to ask about something and figured I'd ask about when the people being interviewed would be informed and she said, "interviews may happen up until the beginning of April"... or something like that.  So there's still hope.. right?...

I also heard back this afternoon from one of the paid summer internship departments I applied for.  I've got an interview scheduled, whoo!  Now it's time for massive nerves.  I hope more of you hear good news as well!

Hi all, I applied for the paid, year long internship in education.  I called today to ask about something and figured I'd ask about when the people being interviewed would be informed and she said, "interviews may happen up until the beginning of April"... or something like that.  So there's still hope.. right?...

Did you ever end up hearing back from them? I had an interview with the education department for the summer internship but haven't heard at all about the year long one..

Edited by classic

Heads up, guys: I just heard back about the paid summer internship at the Met.  So I'd imagine they're sending out emails in the next couple of days.

I got it I can hardly believe it.

Heads up, guys: I just heard back about the paid summer internship at the Met.  So I'd imagine they're sending out emails in the next couple of days.

I got it I can hardly believe it.

Yay! Good for you! Which department? I assume you are going to take it. I'm on the waiting list...

ElleHerst, it was the Medieval Art department.  I hope someone doesn't accept so you make it!

BuffaloSoldier, I got an email on the 4th (with an acceptance letter that was dated the 5th, so I assume they were still sending stuff out on the 5th).