Met Internships

zoltan

Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

Just curious - has anyone received an official rejection email? Unlikely that I'll be offered a paid internship now, but I feel almost worse hanging out in limbo, waiting for *any* response...

Hey all!  I got the internship too, but when I tried to send my forms in, the email bounced (and I didn't receive the notification until 24 hours later).  I re-sent the email and left a voicemail at the number that we were given, but I'm sort of worried that I haven't heard back yet.  Did any of you receive a confirmation email after you accepted?  Just want to make sure that I don't lose my spot.  Thanks!

Hey guys, 

I received an e-mail last week telling me I was a finalist for the Junior Mentoring Program. The e-mail stated I would be informed by April 10th to determine whether I would be invited to interview for the position. April 10th came, then went. What's going on? I am going to send an e-mail in the next few days. Anyone else in the same position?

Ayisyen

I just wanted to let everyone know I was sent a very kind e-mail from the head of the internship department letting me know I did not get the MoMA summer internship but I should apply for the spring or fall which I unfortunately cannot do due to my class schedule. I was sent the e-mail without having to contact them which I also found nice. I hate the idea of an empty rejection.

Maybe I should apply to the Met next time instead since it appears many of you were at least given interviews. Congratulations!

Edited by SheisStellar

• 4 months later...

Hey there, I wonder anyone heard from the Met for the unpaid internship this fall? the website says they will send out notification in the last week of August-and this is it-I'm so nervous! 

I am an international student, recent graduated from a grad program in art history, and I submitted my application almost in the last minuet. really unsure if if there's any chance for me. I will be most appreciate if anyone could share any thoughts / information. Thanks a lot!

I'm hoping to hear back from their unpaid internship, too! They said that they will start to reach out at the last week of August, but I'm not too sure whether or not they send out rejection letters...it's horrible to wait.

If anyone has received anything, please let me know! Thank you.

I'm hoping to hear back from their unpaid internship, too! They said that they will start to reach out at the last week of August, but I'm not too sure whether or not they send out rejection letters...it's horrible to wait.

If anyone has received anything, please let me know! Thank you.

Hey Miko

do u mind if i ask which department are you applying to?

i heard that each departments are supposed to submit a list of succeeded applicants to the education department by tuesday...so i guess there are still hopes for us..

did you hear from them yet? thanks!

Hey Miko

do u mind if i ask which department are you applying to?

i heard that each departments are supposed to submit a list of succeeded applicants to the education department by tuesday...so i guess there are still hopes for us..

did you hear from them yet? thanks!

Hey,

I've applied to the Human Resources department, since I've done relevant HR internships before...apparently it's one of the less competitive departments, too...

I didn't receive anything yet....I'm still waiting. How about you?

Wow, I think you have a great chance!

I applied to those specialty departments but haven't heard anything until now..I'm soo worried :(

Still didn't hear back...I think my chances are small.  :(

Did you hear back at all?

I don't think the Met would send rejection emails...

Still didn't hear back...I think my chances are small.  :(

Did you hear back at all?

I don't think the Met would send rejection emails...

Hey Miko,

so I finally pushed myself to call them today and was informed that the department just submitted my name yesterday with the starting date scheduled in mid-September. The process will take up to five days, and the internship office will email me sometime next week. I can hardly believe this is happening..i guess i will remain super nervous until i get the email. I hope you will hear from them soon and look forward to meeting you this fall.

• 5 months later...

Hi! I was wondering if anyone's heard back from the Met regarding this year's paid internship applications. I've been reading trough some of the posts on these pages and it seems like there's no consistent pattern of response times. When I submitted the application they said they would notify all applicants of final decisions by April 4th. Has anyone been emailed or been made a finalist? Would be really helpful to know if others are in the same boat!

Edited by eonroy

Hi! I was wondering if anyone's heard back from the Met regarding this year's paid internship applications. I've been reading trough some of the posts on these pages and it seems like there's no consistent pattern of response times. When I submitted the application they said they would notify all applicants of final decisions by April 4th. Has anyone been emailed or been made a finalist? Would be really helpful to know if others are in the same boat!

@eonroy - I believe they have sent out all their invitations for interviews :( I had my second interview last week and in the email they sent for the second round they asked you to select a time over last week and this week in an online signup system, so I assume they sent it out to all the finalists.

Hi everybody!

@eonroy - I believe they have sent out all their invitations for interviews :( I had my second interview last week and in the email they sent for the second round they asked you to select a time over last week and this week in an online signup system, so I assume they sent it out to all the finalists.

I don't know as I would assume that it depends on the number of applicants for each department (amongst other things) ... Which department did you apply to? Personally, Byzantine art. (please, don't tell me it's also your case #snanks :o )

All the best for your interview!!

Thibaut

Hi Tclamart!

Hi everybody!

I don't know as I would assume that it depends on the number of applicants for each department (amongst other things) ... Which department did you apply to? Personally, Byzantine art. (please, don't tell me it's also your case #snanks :o )

All the best for your interview!!

Thibaut

Have you had your interview as well? I applied for the year long position within the Education Department. It is quite annoying that they don't notify unsuccessful applicants earlier. I have an offer to study a masters dedree but I've been holding it because I wanted to wait to hear back from the Met. Reading trough the old posts it looked like last year no one was notified until 1st of March or later. But it seems like this has definitely changed this year as some people have already had a second interview as @snanks pointed out. Oh well, at least I get an idea, although not 100% sure what to do yet as Met haven't officially said anything. A bit frustrating.

Thank you all for your responses and good luck to all of those who've had an interview or an in the process of doing so!

Hi!

Thanks for the information! At least it gives me an idea. All the best with your application!

Snanks, you've already had your second interview? For which internship?

I just heard back to schedule my primary interview last week for the Paid Graduate Internship. 

@tclmart @entr0py @amitis- I applied for the Summer Internship for College Students (undergrad) for both the Egyptian Art internship as well as the Digital Media (creative) internship.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by hetepheres

I still haven't heard anyting from the Met either. However, they still have one more month to contact the successful candidates, so I'm still kepping my hopes hight.  I've applied for the department of communications and visitors surveying. 

Hetepheres, when did you have your first interview? I had my first one on the 20th of February, and I'm still waiting to hear back about a second... I'm also an applicant for the summer internship for college students (undergrad). 

Hi everybody,

If I gather properly, all the interviews conducted so far were for college students... Anyone applying for the graduate summer internship?