Met Internships

zoltan

On 12/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, martiday said:

Hey sorry for the late reply -- I don't want to say which one just yet, but I'm happy to confirm if it is among the ones you're wondering about. I guess we'll find out this week though! 

Or not! I haven't heard anything yet, have you? Not surprised that there are delays, all things considered.

15 minutes ago, gertcity408 said:

Or not! I haven't heard anything yet, have you? Not surprised that there are delays, all things considered.

Nope! A classmate emailed them (presumably the general internship email, I don't think she reached out to a specific department) and they said they're running behind... A little funny since their faq specifically says not to ask them about applications since they'll notify everyone in a timely manner but... 

Just now, martiday said:

Nope! A classmate emailed them (presumably the general internship email, I don't think she reached out to a specific department) and they said they're running behind... A little funny since their faq specifically says not to ask them about applications since they'll notify everyone in a timely manner but... 

Lovely, well, I guess the wait continues! I only applied for the Scientific Research Department, by the way. Hopefully the internship program goes on as planned...

34 minutes ago, gertcity408 said:

Lovely, well, I guess the wait continues! I only applied for the Scientific Research Department, by the way. Hopefully the internship program goes on as planned...

I feel like you have a really good chance!! That seems like a really specialized position. I was also wondering if part of the delay is figuring out whether it's even feasible to do it in person. To be honest, I don't know if it's worth going ahead with it if it's in person given how things are lately. This year has realllyyy put a wrench in things ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, mellirae said:

hi! just applied for summer 2021. does anyone know when semi finalists are supposed to be contacted? or if there is any new updates regarding the internship and covid?

Just bumping this to see if anyone has heard anything! I feel like I've heard (in past years) they usually do interviews sometime in March? Does it seem like that is still the case this year? 

Hopping on to see if anyone's had any updates! Had a slight change on my application portal today - my name used to show up there, which has now changed to my email address. Not particularly helpful but I just wondered if anyone else has had the same? If anyone hears back please do let us know!

16 hours ago, missyt said:

Hopping on to see if anyone's had any updates! Had a slight change on my application portal today - my name used to show up there, which has now changed to my email address. Not particularly helpful but I just wondered if anyone else has had the same? If anyone hears back please do let us know!

No update to report, but my name has also been replaced with my email address. Everything else looks the same though! 

10 minutes ago, peploskore said:

No update to report, but my name has also been replaced with my email address. Everything else looks the same though! 

Ahh interesting! Everything else is the same for me too. The suspense is killing me, though I'm an international applicant so probably don't stand a great chance given the circumstances. Best of luck to you!

25 minutes ago, missyt said:

Ahh interesting! Everything else is the same for me too. The suspense is killing me, though I'm an international applicant so probably don't stand a great chance given the circumstances. Best of luck to you!

I totally feel you! I think I've applied to most of the spring/summer/fall internships for the last 2/3 years (sometimes skipping a season or two) and I've only once made it to a finalist round and no further, so I'm anticipating a very solid rejection come mid April per usual. I'm still anxiously hoping though...I really hope you hear good news, it sucks that they might be considering international students less this year! What a brutal time for museums all around :(

22 minutes ago, peploskore said:

I totally feel you! I think I've applied to most of the spring/summer/fall internships for the last 2/3 years (sometimes skipping a season or two) and I've only once made it to a finalist round and no further, so I'm anticipating a very solid rejection come mid April per usual. I'm still anxiously hoping though...I really hope you hear good news, it sucks that they might be considering international students less this year! What a brutal time for museums all around :(

Oh no, that is so frustrating! I'm really hoping things work out for you this time round. This was my first time applying (the first time I knew these internships even existed & that I was eligible!), and with Covid on top it's very likely I'll be getting the dreaded rejection email. Sad though as I applied for a long-term graduate internship which are only open to people who've graduated within the last 12 months, so I won't be able to reapply which I'm super sad about. This year has really put a spanner in the works! Hoping for a miracle and we'll hear back with good news soon ?

1 hour ago, missyt said:

Oh no, that is so frustrating! I'm really hoping things work out for you this time round. This was my first time applying (the first time I knew these internships even existed & that I was eligible!), and with Covid on top it's very likely I'll be getting the dreaded rejection email. Sad though as I applied for a long-term graduate internship which are only open to people who've graduated within the last 12 months, so I won't be able to reapply which I'm super sad about. This year has really put a spanner in the works! Hoping for a miracle and we'll hear back with good news soon ?

Oh gosh that would definitely stress me out as well!!! That sucks. COVID has really slowed down museums/grad schools/just opportunities all around. Don't give up hope yet, you never know - the wait is the hardest part. ? Plus it helps me so much to know everyone else is stuck in the waiting limbo as well, that way we can all commiserate together! 

19 hours ago, peploskore said:

Oh gosh that would definitely stress me out as well!!! That sucks. COVID has really slowed down museums/grad schools/just opportunities all around. Don't give up hope yet, you never know - the wait is the hardest part. ? Plus it helps me so much to know everyone else is stuck in the waiting limbo as well, that way we can all commiserate together! 

So true, this wait is excruciating! Fingers crossed we'll hear back soon and it will be good news. Definitely - this would be so much worse if I was alone in the wait!

42 minutes ago, missyt said:

Hey! Just wondered if anyone's heard back yet. I know a couple of people on the subreddit have, but I'm yet to hear anything and am acutely aware of it getting later and later into March ☹️

I've yet to hear anything either. My hopes are definitely down lol but not entirely lost. Just trying to remind myself that the Met hosts what are probably the most competitive museums internships out there, and it's sort of a crapshoot with so many qualified applicants. 

4 hours ago, Lillygarnet29 said:

I've yet to hear anything either. My hopes are definitely down lol but not entirely lost. Just trying to remind myself that the Met hosts what are probably the most competitive museums internships out there, and it's sort of a crapshoot with so many qualified applicants. 

Yeah I feel the same in that I'm holding out hope, but I think like a lot of international applicants it's getting hard :( Still, not many people seem to have heard back, and I'm sure departments act independently. Hoping for the best for both of us!

• 3 months later...