Met Internships

zoltan

4 hours ago, modmuse said:

Has anyone heard for summer 2018 yet? I think interview invites should come this week or next, but I’m anxious to know if anyone has been contacted yet!

I haven't heard back from the Met yet, but I just got an email to set a Skype interview for the Whitney! They were due the same week so I am expecting each institution to be reaching out around the same time. I applied to the curatorial department, specifically to work on the Andy Warhol Film Project. 

27 minutes ago, Photomontage said:

I haven't heard back from the Met yet, but I just got an email to set a Skype interview for the Whitney! They were due the same week so I am expecting each institution to be reaching out around the same time. I applied to the curatorial department, specifically to work on the Andy Warhol Film Project. 

Congrats!! I also applied for the curatorial department but not the Film Project. Best of Luck on your interview!! 

46 minutes ago, Photomontage said:

Congrats! I applied too -- though I forget which of the curatorial sub-departments, though I suspect I choose the permanent collection as my top choice. I've interviewed with them in the past so I'm trying to stay hopeful, but now that it's mid-March I'm so nervous. I hope your interview goes well!!

I haven't heard anything yet, but I only applied for administrative internships. They all seemed pretty entry-level, so I assume many wouldn't need as in-depth of an interview process as, say, some of the research/curatorial internships. Only about two weeks until we find out for sure!

52 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

I haven't heard anything yet, but I only applied for administrative internships. They all seemed pretty entry-level, so I assume many wouldn't need as in-depth of an interview process as, say, some of the research/curatorial internships. Only about two weeks until we find out for sure!

Hi there, I also applied to the Met internship for publications and education. Where did you hear that we will be notified in two weeks?

32 minutes ago, Catherine_Heathcliff said:

Hi there, I also applied to the Met internship for publications and education. Where did you hear that we will be notified in two weeks?

That's my fault. I mixed up MoMA's timeline with the Met's timeline. MoMA will notify candidates on April 6th and the Met will notify by mid-April, so three to four weeks.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:41 PM, Catherine_Heathcliff said:

By administrative do you mean marketing and publications? If so, I have not been contacted.

I meant Marketing, Publications, Development... Cool, me neither ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone have any theories in regards to the Met not conducting interviews? I am pessimistic at this point for an acceptance, as the Met has not reached out, and I am not seeing how it could be feasible to receive an internship without an interview. I guess what I am asking is if the Met hasn't touched base by this point, should we be mentally preparing for a rejection? 

10 hours ago, Grenade said:

Does anyone have any theories in regards to the Met not conducting interviews? I am pessimistic at this point for an acceptance, as the Met has not reached out, and I am not seeing how it could be feasible to receive an internship without an interview. I guess what I am asking is if the Met hasn't touched base by this point, should we be mentally preparing for a rejection? 

It does seem odd that you could be offered an internship without an interview for one as competitive as the Met's, but at least one person in this thread has said they've received an offer without interviewing, so it's not out of the question! Even in the application details, it says "Interviews are not required."

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Is there anyone here who applied for the unpaid internship? I'm an undergraduate waiting for the answer that should come the last week of april/first week of May, which is really really soon but this got me on nerves cause I need a visaaaaaa

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, EllaWx said:

Hello!

Is there anyone here who applied for the unpaid internship? I'm an undergraduate waiting for the answer that should come the last week of april/first week of May, which is really really soon but this got me on nerves cause I need a visaaaaaa

Hi, 

I was actually contacted about my unpaid internship the 25th of April! They should have sent the answers by the 27th.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone heard back for the unpaid Fall internships? Or has anyone that interviewed want to share how their experience was? I was contacted last week by the editorial and publications department for an in-person interview and am going in this week.

Edited by WayWayG