Met Internships

zoltan

On 4/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, quinoanj said:

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick update! I heard back from the MET that the MuSe internships are still going on, but not during summer. Instead of the regular dates, they moved the whole program to a September start date/ November end date. Of course this isn't ideal for non-NYC people but I am quite surprised and pleased that they chose to continue the internship program rather than completely cancelling it like most places. Hope the answer is helpful and best of luck to everyone. 

@quinoanj I was wondering if you are receiving updates from the Met or if you email them yourself asking about the internship? I'm worried on my application they might assume I wouldn't be able to do it in the Fall because of where I live but I'm actually moving to the New York area in the summer. I also haven't heard back from them at all so emailing them about my change in residence might not be helpful.

1 hour ago, bronze_ratio said:

@quinoanj I was wondering if you are receiving updates from the Met or if you email them yourself asking about the internship? I'm worried on my application they might assume I wouldn't be able to do it in the Fall because of where I live but I'm actually moving to the New York area in the summer. I also haven't heard back from them at all so emailing them about my change in residence might not be helpful.

Hi there, the address on my application was a non-New York area address as well! The update was included in an official offer email that detailed my internship placement. 

5 hours ago, quinoanj said:

Hi there, the address on my application was a non-New York area address as well! The update was included in an official offer email that detailed my internship placement. 

Dang, Congrats on getting the internship! I haven't heard back yet so ://// but also the dates put me in a tough situation. Hoping everything works out.

Yeah and they said not to contact them regarding decisions on the internship :// and early on, on this forum, the decisions came out late as well. But it’s also weird they haven’t released a statement to everyone regarding the internship.

I reached out to the woman who interviewed for the Emily K. Rafferty internship (my interview was over a month ago...?) last Thursday asking if the internship was still a possibility due to COVID, and I still haven't heard back. Not expecting good news at this point, considering what someone posted about already receiving an offer, but also slightly hopeful since that was for MuSe and this is the 12-month internship. Is anyone on here that has already heard back about the 12-month?

I'm trying to be an optimist and think this might be a good sign! Maybe there is a chance for those who are able to intern in September!

But it's really hard because I have been constantly thinking about this since I submitted my application and I really thought Monday was going to be the end of this waiting...but I'm sure they are going through crazy times over there trying to adjust to working from home and also trying to find out when COVID-19 will be "over"...but it's still hard :(

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, martiday said:

Yes, interviewed a few days ago.

Hey, congrats on making it to the next stage!! I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm just hoping that the departments I applied for are taking longer to send out interview invitations. If you're comfortable sharing, which department interviewed you? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, gertcity408 said:

If you're comfortable sharing, which department interviewed you? Thanks!

Hey sorry for the late reply -- I don't want to say which one just yet, but I'm happy to confirm if it is among the ones you're wondering about. I guess we'll find out this week though!