Met Internships

zoltan

On February 17, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Issra said:

I've applied for the muse internship, don't know if that's what you're talking about but it does start in June. Do you know when we should be hearing back?

Yes that's the one I was talking about :) I know it starts in June...and they said they would notify everyone by April, but as I was reading back posts from previous years I noticed they called for interviews in February/March so that's why I was wondering if anyone already got something (though probably it would still be early for that now)

What departments did you apply to?

On 19/02/2016 at 4:01 PM, rrenataaa said:

Yes that's the one I was talking about :) I know it starts in June...and they said they would notify everyone by April, but as I was reading back posts from previous years I noticed they called for interviews in February/March so that's why I was wondering if anyone already got something (though probably it would still be early for that now)

What departments did you apply to?

Oh cool! I had no idea we could be contacted before, well that can be interesting haha!

I can't remember which ones I ticked and I can't find them online, but I think it was Egyptian Art and Ancient Near Eastern art (or arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas, again can't remember :)

What about you, what departments did you pick? Have you heard anything?

11 hours ago, jujujudadada said:

Hey guys! I did the MuSe internship last year. They contacted me for an interview on March 13th and I received the final result on April 4th. So don't worry yet!

And in addition to that: since last year, they leave it up to the departments if they want to interview their candidates or not. Along with another handful of interns, I thought that I had been rejected since I hadn't been invited for an interview, but received an acceptance e-mail on April 4th.

13 hours ago, Abdelrahman.m.93 said:

Cool. I am applying from Egypt. :)

Yeay so I'm not alone in this!

Okay so basically wait until april?

Edited by Issra

1 hour ago, Abdelrahman.m.93 said:

What's your background in? and where in the UK are you studying?

So I'm in my final year of a joint degree in Art Histoy/Archaeology & Study of Religions and I'm studying in London right now, although I only came here for my BA. 
(otherwise international kid :lol:) How about you?

1 hour ago, Issra said:

So I'm in my final year of a joint degree in Art Histoy/Archaeology & Study of Religions and I'm studying in London right now, although I only came here for my BA. 
(otherwise international kid :lol:) How about you?

Did my BA in Ottoman/European History in Turkey. London is such a hippie town to study. I might be going there for my MA. :)

16 minutes ago, Abdelrahman.m.93 said:

Did my BA in Ottoman/European History in Turkey. London is such a hippie town to study. I might be going there for my MA. :)

Oh cool yes you should do it, London has a great art scene!  :)

On 3 mars 2016 at 7:40 PM, shitjustgotsurreal said:

Has anyone heard back for the Cloisters summer internships? 

Yeah! They contacted me back in February about an interview which is gonna be next week. I'm not 100%, but I think they might have already contacted everyone they want to interview (they sent an email to the semifinalists which implied this). hope this is helpful! 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Anna Pavlova said:

I have an interview next week ( muse graduate internship at the met), but i feel like every department is not on the same schedule, and some may not even interview candidates. Good luck! 

good luck! I'm undergrad so maybe they haven't gotten to them yet. who knows but staying positive!

1 hour ago, Anna Pavlova said:

I have an interview next week ( muse graduate internship at the met), but i feel like every department is not on the same schedule, and some may not even interview candidates. Good luck! 

Out of curiosity, which department are you applying for and is it a long-term one?

Thanks!