Met Internships

zoltan

I don't! It's my first time applying to the Met; what about you? I have a current job at a gallery I will keep this summer if this doesn't happen, but it would be great if it did! Are you a current graduate student?

Another (anxious) applicant here for this year's Graduate Internship! From what I can tell, interviews happen mid-late february, and then there may or may not be a second round of interviews, depending on which program you have applied to.... Although not entirely sure of that, since it's a bit hard to tell from the past posts. 

I don't! It's my first time applying to the Met; what about you? I have a current job at a gallery I will keep this summer if this doesn't happen, but it would be great if it did! Are you a current graduate student?

Great that you have something as a second option, a gallery job sounds great. Fingers crossed though that you'll get it. I am a graduate student yes, hopefully I'll be graduating this summer. How about you?

Another (anxious) applicant here for this year's Graduate Internship! From what I can tell, interviews happen mid-late february, and then there may or may not be a second round of interviews, depending on which program you have applied to.... Although not entirely sure of that, since it's a bit hard to tell from the past posts. 

Hi kunstkid, thanks for the info. What programs did you apply to?

I'm also a masters student in my first year (so I'll graduate spring 2016). Even though I read the old entries in this thread, I'm still not sure when interviews/notifications/etc. actually happen! 

No worries, Lotje19! I applied for the Cloisters Library position, and the European Painting (19th Century) position...which is one of the most popular ones - or so I've heard  :unsure:.

Even though I read the old entries in this thread, I'm still not sure when interviews/notifications/etc. actually happen! 

I think the most confusing part is the departments are responsible for contacting their individual applicants, so notifications come out at different times/are highly variable? Not 100% sure on that though...

Edited by kunstkid

No worries, Lotje19! I applied for the Cloisters Library position, and the European Painting (19th Century) position...which is one of the most popular ones - or so I've heard  :unsure:.

I think the most confusing part is the departments are responsible for contacting their individual applicants, so notifications come out at different times/are highly variable? Not 100% sure on that though...

Hey everyone! I applied to the Paid College Internship, and am dying to know when they'll be contacting those selected for interview. Our applications were due January 23 (not sure if graduate internship applications were due the same day) and I haven't heard anything, I'm not sure if I should be worried yet!

Edited by kaleidescopelove

Hey kaleidescopelove! The grad app was also due on the 23rd. I don't think you need to be worried about it yet, it's still fairly early in the game, and they have a lot of applications to sift through. I think about 3 weeks is normal for processing/getting in contact with candidates. 

Although now that I type this, I'm suddenly nervous...#waitinggame

If anyone's wondering about the status of their Cloister's app, I just got a call this morning about coming in for an interview.  ^_^

Though it is an undergrad internship program, so I'm not sure how many people here that will apply to.

I also haven't heard anything.... 
I noticed on the Cloister's internship page they mention they send out invitations late February/early March, so for anyone else who applied for the Brummer digitization project hope is not lost!! :)

Have any graduate/undergraduate paid internship applicants heard back this week? Sorry for the constant questions, I'm just dying to know. Looking at past years' threads, interview invitations should have gone out by now.

Edited by kaleidescopelove

Hey Everyone - has anyone had any news yet? I'm starting to think it's probably not happening for me, but would love to know if anyone else made it through!

One of my friends also applied and she emailed the paid internship department(MuSE) on Thursday of last week and they said they were still in the first round of assessing applications. Apparently they aren't planning to begin requesting interviews for another two weeks (as of Thursday, so I guess it's one week now?)

hey everyone, another anxious nailbiter here

I applied for the Cloisters undergrad and still haven't heard anything. getting pretty nervous! do they send out rejection letters for sure? google says yes-ish

Hi everyone!

Did anyone here apply to the Summer 2015 MoMA internship? The deadline for applications was 13th February and on the website it says: "You will receive confirmation by e-mail within four weeks of the application deadline only if we have received all of your materials." 4 weeks will be tomorrow, March 13th. Has anyone had confirmation of their application being received yet? I've not!

Thanks