Mizzou, Anyone?

quierocorrer

Is anyone else awaiting a letter from the University of Missouri? I've applied to the graduate school for a master's in journalism.

I know that their website says we'll hear in 4-6 weeks, but from what I can gather on this website, it looks like people in previous years haven't heard until mid-March.

In addition, I just checked their website, and it said that they'd been out for three days due to snow and were hurrying to catch up on applications.

Just wondering it anybody else out there is in the same boat!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god...

Mizzou would be the PERFECT fit for me (according to me and according to my contact person at the Fulbright Commission who chose this school for me)

What if they don't want me? It would be my first decision. It would be my first decision of this sort ever (as I already mentioned we don't have to apply for university where I come from). Oh my god, I'm really getting nervous. I'm gonna tell you right away: I'll need some SERIOUS pep talk if I get rejected. :o

Sputnik: Do you have any news from UI Bloomington, too? Or are you planning to call/e-mail them? Last year the results were sent out in early/mid February.

And: Has anyone been interviewed by Mizzou?

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god...

Mizzou would be the PERFECT fit for me (according to me and according to my contact person at the Fulbright Commission who chose this school for me)

What if they don't want me? It would be my first decision. It would be my first decision of this sort ever (as I already mentioned we don't have to apply for university where I come from). Oh my god, I'm really getting nervous. I'm gonna tell you right away: I'll need some SERIOUS pep talk if I get rejected. :o

Sputnik: Do you have any news from UI Bloomington, too? Or are you planning to call/e-mail them? Last year the results were sent out in early/mid February.

And: Has anyone been interviewed by Mizzou?

No news from UI. as for Mizzou interviews, according to their website, they do not do interviews for American students and they may do interviews for international students, but it doesn't look like it's something they do a lot. I just base that off of the FAQ. The FAQ is here http://www.journalism.missouri.edu/graduate/doctoral/faq.html It says about interviews: Interviews are not required for most applicants. However, international applicants may be granted provisional admission until an interview is completed.

Mizzou is a dream school for me, too. Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses!

I did not interview with the school, but I did go have meetings with an admissions advisor, a professor, and a department chair, and they were all ridiculously helpful. So welcoming and warm. Obviously, it made me want to go there even more than I already did.

GAAAAH, I feel like I can't wait any longer!

I know you'll all probably post your result in the results-section. But please also write a short note here in this forum. I'm going to hear later than you all, because my response is going to be forwarded by several people until it reaches me. This way I can at least prepare for what's coming... ;)

Anyone already heard from Mizzou?

Even if they send out results today, I won't hear anymore (unless they do in the next 40 minutes), because office hours in my country end soon and nobody will be there to forward the e-mail to me. Waiting drives me crazy... :blink:

Two Mizzou PhD applicants were rejected. I didn't hear (I suppose my e-mail already is at the Austrian Fulbright Commission - but they will only forward it during business hours of course... So I'll have to wait until Monday :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems like I'm the only PhD applicant (here on this forum) who hasn't heard... I guess that means that I'm on some internal waitlist? I already got one acceptance and I'm so happy about it. But Mizzou would be such a great fit...

Well, it seems like I'm the only PhD applicant (here on this forum) who hasn't heard... I guess that means that I'm on some internal waitlist? I already got one acceptance and I'm so happy about it. But Mizzou would be such a great fit...

Maybe they take longer to answer international students? Have you logged into the application website to see if your status has been updated on there?

I'm still very curious to know if any master's program applicants have heard back. One rejection email was posted on Friday. I would like to know if all the rejections have already gone out.

Maybe they take longer to answer international students? Have you logged into the application website to see if your status has been updated on there?

I'm still very curious to know if any master's program applicants have heard back. One rejection email was posted on Friday. I would like to know if all the rejections have already gone out.

I'm a Fulbright grantee, so Fulbright/the IIE is handling all applications for me. They are the only ones who can log into my application accounts. So I can't even check myself...