Did anybody here actually get into Michigan?

I got rejected from Michigan by email last week and am wondering how many people actually got in.

GradCafe Results are showing a few admits to Ann Arbor....Wondering if you can share any inside info on how selective they are, or whether they already formed a waiting list?

Michigan was pretty much my dream school, and I'm just neurotically clinging on to any possible hope, or at least an explanation of how tough it was to get in this year. Thanks for indulging.

I got rejected from Michigan by email last week and am wondering how many people actually got in.

GradCafe Results are showing a few admits to Ann Arbor....Wondering if you can share any inside info on how selective they are, or whether they already formed a waiting list?

Michigan was pretty much my dream school, and I'm just neurotically clinging on to any possible hope, or at least an explanation of how tough it was to get in this year. Thanks for indulging.

I don't know about the number of admits, but I was notified today that I am waitlisted.

I hadn't received any word (neither acceptance nor rejection) prior to today.

They seem to have reduced the number of acceptances this year,

and that is the reason why we have seen so few admission postings.

Edited by gariddong

I went there for undergraduate and still got rejected last year. I finished my honors thesis and went away to LSE for a Masters degree before being accepted this year. My understanding is that they get somewhere around 400 applications for 35- 40 spots.

Out of curiosity, what was your subfield?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an undergraduate at Michigan, and from what I'm hearing from professors, they took less students this year because of financial reasons.