NYCEP 2011

• 2 weeks later...

I got a CUNY rejection on the 18th, I know the NYU information is being released tomorrow (25th). In the morning, I will be either very happy or very sad.

I was rejected from CUNY on the 18th also.

Is there any validity to the no interview means rejection at NYU rumor??

Oh no. Now I'm really nervous. Back to frantically trying to finish a paper and continually procrastinating with grad cafe.

I got a CUNY rejection on the 18th, I know the NYU information is being released tomorrow (25th). In the morning, I will be either very happy or very sad.

I was rejected from CUNY on the 18th also.

Is there any validity to the no interview means rejection at NYU rumor??

I was interviewed. I don't know if it is valid, but it could be, dunno.

My understanding is that CUNY has very little money (think about it, it isn't even a state school), so getting rejected there probably means nothing in relation to NYU.

Edited by PhysAnthApp

I was interviewed. I don't know if it is valid, but it could be, dunno.

My understanding is that CUNY has very little money (think about it, it isn't even a state school), so getting rejected there probably means nothing in relation to NYU.

This actually makes me feel a little better about the CUNY rejection.

What I heard/read was that there were 10 people interviewed for NYU and from that they were going to pick 4 for Bio Anth. I have no idea if it's true or not.

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get in.

i don't know where you got your info but the people I've talked to in the CUNY program now (NYCEP) have pretty awesome funding....they have a renewed IGERT (that NSF money, trumps state school-status!) this year so they're probably taking several students. but yes, i was told that nyu and cuny are (almostt) completely different in their decisions.

Edited by bbbb

• 4 months later...

To clarify - CUNY is actually part of the state school funding system in NYS. They receive the same money, it comes out of the same state offices and is regulated by the same state administrators as SUNY. NYCEP is actually run mainly out of CUNY. They have a big chunk of IGERT money. The CUNY side of NYCEP doesn't accept many students. It's really hard to get in. Best wishes to you all. I hope you got acceptances to the places you want to go.