My first notification is a rejection but...

snes

Just got my first rejection from SUNY Buffalo. I'm a bit bummed, though my initial reaction was definitely like the Snape picture. I came inside, put down my bag, and went to make dinner and unload the dishwasher. I totally thought I'd be in tears.

I'm more concerned because it was one of my safety schools, and I withdrew my application from my two other safety schools because if I did get into them, I didn't really want to go there, it just felt like I'd be settling (I'm thinking it was a stupid move, now). Now, I just have 2 applications left, and I haven't heard a single word from them... It's looking like I'm going to strike out this year! Blah!

My first notification was a rejection...from my safety school... I was so careful in choosing programs and applying, have a 3.95 GPA (as a double major with a minor), GRE scores at and above the 95th percentile, and have internship experience in the field, but apparently that doesn't cut it...

I hope this isn't a trend!

Staying in Europe isn't all that bad...sounds pretty enticing actually! :)

i agree! throughout this whole process ive been on the fence about moving back to the States. of course, to move back to do a ph.d at an awesome school is one thing; but to move back with no prospects of a job & no idea what I'm going to do is another! and i really do love living in Europe. let's see what happens!!

My first notification was a rejection...from my safety school... I was so careful in choosing programs and applying, have a 3.95 GPA (as a double major with a minor), GRE scores at and above the 95th percentile, and have internship experience in the field, but apparently that doesn't cut it...

I hope this isn't a trend!

As another applying to ethnomusicology programs I'll have you know that I am no competition for you (3.6 GPA, GRE verbal good but not anything else, unrelated work experience)!

(yes I know it's all about fit and bla bla bla) :rolleyes: