Syracuse PhD Program

Curlygrrl

Hello,

Curious as to thoughts on the Syracuse Sociology graduate program. Doesn't seem to be much talk of the program on this site and was wondering why?

Anyone willing to share the good or bad on the school, the program itself, courses or faculty I would be very interested and appreciative.

Many Thanks!

85 views and no one has anything to share?

Hello,

Curious as to thoughts on the Syracuse Sociology graduate program. Doesn't seem to be much talk of the program on this site and was wondering why?

Anyone willing to share the good or bad on the school, the program itself, courses or faculty I would be very interested and appreciative.

Many Thanks!

Got my acceptance this afternoon via direct e-mail from the Graduate Director.

Has anyone else heard and planning to go to the recruitment weeked slated for the end of March?

Would love to hear from you.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Syracuse Sociology is a WONDERFUL doctoral program. They are student-centered and really care about their community. In addition to the collegial atmosphere, Syracuse students and faculty produce dynamic scholarship, particularly as it relates to Aging, Social Policy, and the Life Course. They also have expertise in feminist and qualitative methodology. I earned a University Fellowship last year and had to decline due to family concerns. Congratulations on your acceptance to this program and to the Maxwell School. I will forever bleed orange!

I see on the results page that there are others who have been accepted to Syracuse. Come out...come out whereever you are.

Congratulations! Would love to hear from you!!

What are your interests and what are your thoughts on the program?

Edited by Curlygrrl

I didn't apply to the Sociology program at Syracuse but I did apply to the Social Science PhD. I haven't heard anything official but I emailed the Admin Assistant and she told me they are still reviewing but results will be out "soon". The waiting is so rough, if I'm rejected just let me know and put me out of my misery! lol.