Valentine's Day rejections?

nervousnelly

Dear Applicant,

It is with much regret that we are breaking up with you. We have found another applicant who is not only hotter and smarter than you, but has better pedigree.

Love, and Happy Valentines Day,

Your Admissions Committee

Ha! Right?!

I must be a glutton for punishment, because I cannot stop checking my e-mail, hoping that "someone" will be my valentine but fully expecting to get my heart stomped.

Iknownothing, Happy Birthday! I have a great, life-long friend who also has a VDay-BDay.

For those who received upsetting news today, remember tomorrow you might get the opportunity of a lifetime. You are all applying to such amazing programs and I was ecstatic over an acceptance to a rated program, no matter how close to number 100. I know you will all do very well no matter where you receive your PhDs!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I made it through Valentine's Day with no rejections. But...no school proclaimed their undying love and devotion to me either. Just one letter, grad schools? Please?

Maybe I will start my own institution and offer you all places. Why? Cause it is Valentine's and I love you all laugh.gif