Feeling like shit

Dear Sugar is a column everyone should read, but this one in particular, from last week, is really wonderful and inspiring and makes me feel calmer about my turbulent twenties:

http://therumpus.net...vice-column-64/

And this one is also really good:

http://therumpus.net...a-motherfucker/

Read her!

It may be because I'm tired and up late right now, or because I am emotionally exhausted by this application process, or maybe both, but these made me cry. Thanks very much for posting them.

I feel exactly the same way, waiting on twelve schools . . . I am so discouraged already because this looks like such a hideously competitive year and my confidence is shot after not getting in anywhere last year.

My job is boring, so I spend all day totally preoccupied, F5ing GradCafe and my email, and reading blogs and the news. I can't wait to get home every night so I can dive into an engaging book!

This miserable wait needs to wrap up. Geez.

I am so with you on that. It's pretty much how I spend my day. Of course, there are moments of pure insanity, but they just serve to remind me how much I hate this, and how much I want an admission!

Add me to the list of feeling shitty. While I've only been officially rejected by 2 of my 9 schools this time round, it seems like most of my other schools have already made their acceptance offers and I'm just this name way down on the list of potential back ups or not worth contacting. I worked my ass off too. Ugh. I just want the final bullets already. Let me move on if I'm not getting in. I can't wait until this process is over.