UC Riverside

YA_RLY

I was just offered admission for creative writing (nonfiction). I have been in contact with advisors/students and I plan to attend an open house if they have one, but I am unable to make a decision quite yet as MFA's tend to notify much later than February, more like March or April :)

I just received an offer from them too for a PhD in English. Pretty decent funding, lots of teaching though. Not sure if I'm going to attend as I'm still waiting on other offers, but we'll see what happens. Congrats to both of you!

Glad some of you got in. Unfortunately I was rejected recently, but I realized I really didn't spend nearly enough time on the application. I'm going to apply to USC, UCLA, and UCI next year while basically spending a lot of this year preparing to retake the GRE, take the lit GRE, and a few other things. Kind of overwhelmed.

I want to get at least over a 600 on both GRE sections. Not sure if I should stick with the regular GRE or take the revised GRE. The revised will be easier I think, but I'm sure more people will do better, making it perhaps harder to rank as highly. Let me know if you guys have opinions on this. Thanks and good luck!

• 1 month later...

I got admitted to the master's program and I accepted the offer today. I have a fellowship that covers my tuition. I still need to find a job to cover my living expenses? Any idea on how to do that? I am an international student and I am new to the system.

• 3 weeks later...