Jump to content

Response Date: March 15th?


Omega Glory

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

In the last couple weeks I've been accepted to my first and second choice schools. Naturally, I'm excited, but I'm also a little put off because my first choice school is asking that I accept or decline their offer by March 15th! From what I know, this is about a month earlier than most other schools. It's really a bummer because my second choice school offered me the opportunity to fly up there, tour the campus, and meet the faculty, all on their dime.....over the weekend of March 26th. So I'm basically screwed because of this one school's narrow timeline!

What should I do?

Edited by Omega Glory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all!

In the last couple weeks I've been accepted to my first and second choice schools. Naturally, I'm excited, but I'm also a little put off because my first choice school is asking that I accept or decline their offer by March 15th! From what I know, this is about a month earlier than most other schools. It's really a bummer because my second choice school offered me the opportunity to fly up there, tour the campus, and meet the faculty, all on their dime.....over the weekend of March 26th. So I'm basically screwed because of this one school's narrow timeline!

What should I do?

Ask them for extension! People do that and schools agree to let them think a bit longer. After all, it's perfectly normal to want some extra time for such an important decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats on your acceptances! If your first choice are a signatory to the Council of Graduate Schools resolution here: http://www.cgsnet.org/?tabid=201 then they really shouldn't be putting an earlier deadline than April 15 on a financial offer - does their offer come with funding? If there's no funding involved, then I think they may be able to set an earlier deadline. In either case, you can ask them to give you an extension in order to make your decision - best of luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband is in the same boat. He received his official acceptance in the mail today and they too have a deadline of March 15th. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't have his interview for his current top choice until March 4th! What do we do? He doesn't want to risk having the offer rescinded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use