Tufts English

I just got a call from Virginia Jackson offering me admission! Five years of funding, $18,000 stipend, no teaching in the first year (sorry guys, didn't keep my head on enough to ask how many were admitted). I couldn't be happier. I was waitlisted and then denied from Tufts last year, so it's especially sweet. Anyone else attending?

I just got a call from Virginia Jackson offering me admission! Five years of funding, $18,000 stipend, no teaching in the first year (sorry guys, didn't keep my head on enough to ask how many were admitted). I couldn't be happier. I was waitlisted and then denied from Tufts last year, so it's especially sweet. Anyone else attending?

Hi! I also got a call from Virginia Jackson around 4pm today! Exact package that you have but Virginia did talk about being some kind of "teaching apprentice" my first year given that I have a MA already. Congrats on your admittance!

Hi! I also got a call from Virginia Jackson around 4pm today! Exact package that you have but Virginia did talk about being some kind of "teaching apprentice" my first year given that I have a MA already. Congrats on your admittance!

Also, how do you feel about the stipend? I do not know what the standard of living is in that area, but I assuming that since Tufts is near Boston, it must be expensive to live up there.

Hey folks,

Thought I'd jump in. I was also accepted, though since I'm overseas I got an email instead of a call. Needless to say I'm thrilled.

FYI: I am interested in ecocriticism, 20th century American fiction (didn't know that was an unlucky choice until the rejections started and I began reading TGC in anticipation of next year's applications), and digital humanities. Also Japanese literature and culture, though that wasn't part of my proposal.

Hey folks,

Thought I'd jump in. I was also accepted, though since I'm overseas I got an email instead of a call. Needless to say I'm thrilled.

FYI: I am interested in ecocriticism, 20th century American fiction (didn't know that was an unlucky choice until the rejections started and I began reading TGC in anticipation of next year's applications), and digital humanities. Also Japanese literature and culture, though that wasn't part of my proposal.

congrats Once More!

Congrats to both of you! I'm interested in 20th century British Literature, especially aesthetics and the process of reading (generally in the novels of Woolf, as my username makes clear ;)).

I'm honestly just happy to get a stipend (last round I only got an unfunded MA offer) that seems to be average to high, on the scale of things. Though I am quite worried about cost of living. Are either of you planning on visiting the campus soon?

Congrats to both of you! I'm interested in 20th century British Literature, especially aesthetics and the process of reading (generally in the novels of Woolf, as my username makes clear ;)).

I'm honestly just happy to get a stipend (last round I only got an unfunded MA offer) that seems to be average to high, on the scale of things. Though I am quite worried about cost of living. Are either of you planning on visiting the campus soon?

I am pretty sure I will visit, how about you? It seems that they will pay some part of transportation and boarding costs. Not sure though.

I don't think I'll be able to visit. I have no vacation days left for this year, and plane tickets from Osaka aren't cheap. If/ when ya'll go, please tell me how it strikes you.

My significant other also applied to Tufts for geography (it's her first choice). I'm hoping she gets in and that living together will help us to manage costs. Pricey or not, I love the northeast, and that has to be an amazing area to live for academics.

I don't think I'll be able to visit. I have no vacation days left for this year, and plane tickets from Osaka aren't cheap. If/ when ya'll go, please tell me how it strikes you.

My significant other also applied to Tufts for geography (it's her first choice). I'm hoping she gets in and that living together will help us to manage costs. Pricey or not, I love the northeast, and that has to be an amazing area to live for academics.

Will do Once More!