Berkeley EECS

dudulche

Do they do waves though? And why would the second one be so late?

Gah.... I don't want to hope for something that won't happen, but I also don't want to just give up.

Agree! DON'T give up. Still have hope, even though 0.01%.

But if there is a second wave, our chances should be better than that, right?

Turo bun, what was your source for the Berkeley decision stuff?

I just kept searching 'Berkeley EECS decision' something like that on Google one midnight due to fastidium...and found his or her speaking above (So sorry I can't find original link). I think it may be 80-90% correct. Exactly some results from Berkeley were posted early this month...

Waiting for final justice. On average chance for each of us is 100/3200 roughly 3%, quite competitive, even than Caltech-that's 20/500 approximately 4% according to its website.

What I think is the final decisions have not come out. Berkeley EECS is still reviewing each applicant carefully and justly.

Best university is always best university.

You mean some but not all decisions were released, as in there's more acceptances left? But then there would be fewer than 100 spots left for still close to 3000 people, making it much, much less than 3% :(

I'm not professional so don't trust me. I would say maybe the results released earlier were in other areas of EECS, not the same as ours, But if what you said is true, I'd better sleep for a whole week and then open my mailbox and get my rejection.:(

Most of my information is from different forums so who knows whether it's true or not.

Waiting...F5 F5 F5 F5....

I just kept searching 'Berkeley EECS decision' something like that on Google one midnight due to fastidium...and found his or her speaking above (So sorry I can't find original link). I think it may be 80-90% correct. Exactly some results from Berkeley were posted early this month...

Waiting for final justice. On average chance for each of us is 100/3200 roughly 3%, quite competitive, even than Caltech-that's 20/500 approximately 4% according to its website.

What I think is the final decisions have not come out. Berkeley EECS is still reviewing each applicant carefully and justly.

Best university is always best university.

Do You know the acceptance rates for Stanford's MS EE program?

Anyone want to call them and see whats up?

Also, what areas within EECS did you guys apply to? Maybe we can find a common trend?

Let's not split hairs, I think a call is overdue. I am very hopeful that we will receive a decision this week (however may be our chances of acceptance)

Let's not split hairs, I think a call is overdue. I am very hopeful that we will receive a decision this week (however may be our chances of acceptance)

I know someone who wasn't accepted until late March. I want to remain hopeful, but I can't help but think the chances of that are low...

I know someone who wasn't accepted until late March. I want to remain hopeful, but I can't help but think the chances of that are low...

Chances could be low (they always are with schools like Berkeley unless you are stellar) but it wouldn't make sense to me that they delay rejects for so long. If we were all sure rejects we should have heard earlier, there has to be a reason why it is taking so long, perhaps they have had too many applicants this year and they admitted the stellars in early Feb and now they are finalizing the rest.

Chances could be low (they always are with schools like Berkeley unless you are stellar) but it wouldn't make sense to me that they delay rejects for so long. If we were all sure rejects we should have heard earlier, there has to be a reason why it is taking so long, perhaps they have had too many applicants this year and they admitted the stellars in early Feb and now they are finalizing the rest.

But you'd think they let in the stellars and interview everyone else, not the other way around.

Well, statistically speaking if one gets into Berkeley one probably got into other great engineering schools (Stanford/MIT/Caltech/etc..) and received awesome funding opportunities from other schools as well. So candidates are still deciding (it is not April 15th already after all).. They do not want to reject everyone and then end up with fewer people attending than spots available. Chances are however those candidates will most likely go for Berkeley. It does make sense that each year might differ by a week or two. Numbers are precise but not accurate, however I would say our chances are very low... I would also not be shocked if one of you on this post gets admitted this upcoming week.

Let us give them a call tomorrow and see where we stand.

But you'd think they let in the stellars and interview everyone else, not the other way around.

Does Berkeley interview all the admits? How many UCB EE interviews did you see on gradcafe thread and how many admits? As far as I can remember there were only 2-3 interviews posted but like 10 admits. I brought up this question in the CS thread where one of the ad com faculty of Berkeley EECS (CS) posts every now and then but didn't get a reply. I agree that chances are very low for us, but I would be surprised to find out they have waited on sending the rejects for so damn long.

Well, statistically speaking if one gets into Berkeley one probably got into other great engineering schools (Stanford/MIT/Caltech/etc..) and received awesome funding opportunities from other schools as well. So candidates are still deciding (it is not April 15th already after all).. They do not want to reject everyone and then end up with fewer people attending than spots available. Chances are however those candidates will most likely go for Berkeley. It does make sense that each year might differ by a week or two. Numbers are precise but not accurate, however I would say our chances are very low... I would also not be shocked if one of you on this post gets admitted this upcoming week.

Let us give them a call tomorrow and see where we stand.

:rolleyes: Maybe this upcoming week does have something to be expected. If it is, having 50+ buns are not a problem for me; if it's not, also 50+ buns to vent.

I called them, they said everything would be out this week, so Rejects I am sure!

Yeah seems like gonna be rejects. I emailed my POI twice last week (with whom I had some correspondence in January and who told me he would follow up my case and let me know the situation) but haven't heard back so ......