Visiting Schools

ZeeMore21

I plan on visiting the ones that I know for sure are in the running...some visits may fall close together, so for those of us that work, planning several visits (esp. if OOS) can be a logistical and financial nightmare :)

Best of luck.

Even though I've already done a huge amount of homework in researching the schools to which I've been accepted, I'm hoping to be able to visit all of them. Every time I find something spectacular about one program, I find even more spectacular things out about the others. Only by visiting in person will I be able to make a decision that I feel I won't regret.

Plus, I think of it as a reward. My prospective programs fund all my travel expenses and, while I don't want to waste money, I think of it as fair compensation for the ca. $1,000 I spent on application and test fees.

My only issue is getting time off work and managing my schedule.

I'm pretty torn on some visiting schools (for me, i haven't got accepted to them yet, just interview invites) because they were my safeties and I wouldn't really consider going there since I was accepted elsewere. But on the other hand it would be nice to see what the school is like and as the other poster pointed out, you spend so much money during this process you should be rewarded with a free trip to see some of campuses you applied to at least.

I have to let them know soon... but i really don't know what to do!