Checking email every 10 minutes, even though...

cokohlik

What is the cure??

I'll tell you - the cure is knowing. But I can't know if I don't check my email, and of course, if schools don't send anything out yet... which they haven't. At 2:12 EST. Come on, day's almost over for the East Coast!

unsure.gif

i am from the west coast as well, so i know it TOTALLY sucks to be on the time zone. once the clock hits 3, you know there's no hope for rest of the day. luckily, i got an offer from my top choice last week, so the pain has been less. but there are other schools i am still waiting for. and it is not fun.

i too have my phone setup to notify me of any new emails... and when my phone hisses, i'm like 'that's it - there it is'. turns out be university police security something something. screw that. i don't care. come on east coast schools, send a freakin email already!!

Not sure if this is good news or bad, but I've been contacted by schools after hours several times already (both email and phone).

Hee hee! If it's an acceptance, they can call or email me any time of the day or night!!! laugh.gif

Even though I can read emails on my phone, I refresh my inbox on my computer because my Blackberry sometimes has a two minute lag with email notifications. I have tested it.

So, really, we're not crazy. I'd rather know two minutes ahead of time. I'm SAVING time.