Anybody heard from MS/PhD Statistics Purdue, SUNY SB, TAMU, UT Austin, UC Davis

Incidentally, have any of you tried calling the UC Davis Stats department in an attempt to get info? When I called a few times back in December, this is the message I got:

"Thank you for calling the UC Davis Department of Statistics. Due to budget cuts, we will only be answering this line once a day." [emphasis added]

Anyone else find this funny, maybe a little unnerving? I mean, is there this one guy sitting around waiting to answer the phone once, then when he's done he goes, "Well, I'm finished for the day. Going home!"

hey have you been accepted to the purdue maths program orthe stats program?

Incidentally, have any of you tried calling the UC Davis Stats department in an attempt to get info? When I called a few times back in December, this is the message I got:

"Thank you for calling the UC Davis Department of Statistics. Due to budget cuts, we will only be answering this line once a day." [emphasis added]

Anyone else find this funny, maybe a little unnerving? I mean, is there this one guy sitting around waiting to answer the phone once, then when he's done he goes, "Well, I'm finished for the day. Going home!"

hey have you been accepted to the purdue maths program orthe stats program?

Math. (I think it says so in my signature.) I doubt I'll get admitted to the Stats program since my interest is computational finance, which can be traversed through either department, but if for some reason I do I'll probably decline.