Fulbright and paid internship

Just wondering, if anyone has any experience with this: is it possible to be engaged in a paid internship, while being in the US as a Fulbright student? I saw some interesting internships that I could find useful but most of them are paid. That would be great, if Fulbright allowed to do that it such terms?

If anyone knows more about this, please, share.

Thank you!

I am working on a position in Europe that I would like to know more about. So, I see that even my company offers internships in the USA, which I would love to get. It will give me the chance to learn stuff that I don't get to learn in Europe. I am just not sure if internships can be negotiated, meaning, if they offer 40h/week, and you want only 20h/week? And is it common to give an internship to lets say, a professional? Since I have been on my position for 5 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a fulbright student also. I am planning to go to Umich.- but I still need over $10000 to cover expenses. It seems like it is impossible to cover it with employment, right??

It seems so! I am just not sure if we can have a paid internship whilst being Fulbrighters?