ECE @ McGill decisions

ruslik

There are 2 results on the board:

1. Informal acceptance by a professor on 9 Feb.

2. Formal acceptance on 8 March

I believe these are 2 persons, right? I wonder if the person who reported the first acceptance already has it formally (and if yes, for how long). I wonder also if the person who reported the second acceptance had an interview (and if yes, when).

I ask, since I had a phone conversation with a professor I wish to work with (interview) almost before a month. But since then I heard nothing!!! :(

Edited by ruslik

New acceptances appeared on the board, but I still have nothing.

Could anyone who already has his decision share his process? Did you have interview? When?

The wait is killing me. :(:unsure::(

I am waiting for McGill too, but it seems it has given out some acceptances, do you know if there are still acceptance results to be sent out??:(

After waiting for more than a month, I've finally got the acceptance letter yersterday (YES!!!)

I suppose they are in progress of sending their acceptances, and more of them will be sent in coming days.

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting!!!

My online status in Minerva is "Further Review Required".

I contacted the supervisor and from what I understand it's just a matter of time until I receive the acceptance letter.

I'm still worried that GPS might change the decision or something.

Okay, my Minerva status has just changed to "Admitted Pending Final Results", my Final MSc transcripts.

I was not asked to do an interview either.

So excited by this acceptance :D

Update:

I received a letter from ECE and letter from GPS both stating only a graduate assistantship from the supervisor.

I was not selected for any of the Doctoral/Tuition awards which means that I have to pay for tuition.

That simply means a rejection for me. What a waste.

Update:

I received a letter from ECE and letter from GPS both stating only a graduate assistantship from the supervisor.

I was not selected for any of the Doctoral/Tuition awards which means that I have to pay for tuition.

That simply means a rejection for me. What a waste.

I was not aware that they had any tuition award offers... tuition is only 7k for out of province students for masters? 3.5k for all phd students? It's not exactly a huge amount.

I suggest you talk to the supervisor and see what he can do.

I was not aware that they had any tuition award offers... tuition is only 7k for out of province students for masters? 3.5k for all phd students? It's not exactly a huge amount.

I suggest you talk to the supervisor and see what he can do.

Annual tuition fees for international PhD students are $13k.

http://www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/fees/grad/intern/phdfulltime/