Cornell ECE Program Acceptance

pickle14

Hi all,

I have got an acceptace from Cornell for ECE M.Eng Program.I need some help on this..

1)I plan to take up a job after this..do think u this is a good option?

2)I am interested in energy systems..is it a good option for specialization?

3)I have also applied to University of Illinois-Urbana for their M.S(ECE) Program.which would be better suitable for me?

Hi all,

I have got an acceptace from Cornell for ECE M.Eng Program.I need some help on this..

3)I have also applied to University of Illinois-Urbana for their M.S(ECE) Program.which would be better suitable for me?

Its an Master of Engineering degree at a top ranked school, i see no reason why it wouldnt be a good idea. Some might argue that an MS is "better", but now were talking about opinons. Cant say which program is better other than UIUC is higher ranked, but where talking about two well ranked top programs.

MAKE SURE you go check the schools out and see which one gives you that better vibe when your there.

Hi all,

Also got accepted to MEng at Cornell in late February. Only reason I haven't said yes is because I am waiting on Northeastern and Tufts to give their decision for the PhD Program.

Also MEng is self-funded program, no research since its only a year long program. Being international students I need to show them a bank statement for $60k.

At the end if that is my only choice I will have to get a loan and deal with it.

Also MEng is self-funded program, no research since its only a year long program. Being international students I need to show them a bank statement for $60k.

At the end if that is my only choice I will have to get a loan and deal with it.

There is research opportunity in Cornell MEng. They have a 7 credit/sem MEng research track. You can check their course directory to find out more. But I am sure about that. I also talked with a MEng student from Cornell. YOU CAN DO RESEARCH IF YOU WANT.

I also got admission in Cornell. It's damn costly :(

There is research opportunity in Cornell MEng. They have a 7 credit/sem MEng research track. You can check their course directory to find out more. But I am sure about that. I also talked with a MEng student from Cornell. YOU CAN DO RESEARCH IF YOU WANT.

I also got admission in Cornell. It's damn costly :(

Strange. I talked to the Admission Office, they didn't mention anything like that. Talked to a Student that applied for PhD and got denied but got accepted to MEng. A professor liked his research work from Undergrad before the fact and gave him the assistantship. He also told me the same thing - MEng is self-funded.