East Carolina U?

slpundergrad

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I need some advice.. I screwed up the GRE and I am hoping that somehow I might get accepted intoECU's Multicultural and Transnatiional Literature Program. V 400 Q 430 AW 3.5 ...My undergrad GPA is 3.75 cumulative and about 3.85 for my Lit majors. My letters of recommendation are superb as well as my SOP. Please be realistic, is there the slightest chance that horrible GRE be overlooked?

Guys I need some advice.. I screwed up the GRE and I am hoping that somehow I might get accepted intoECU's Multicultural and Transnatiional Literature Program. V 400 Q 430 AW 3.5 ...My undergrad GPA is 3.75 cumulative and about 3.85 for my Lit majors. My letters of recommendation are superb as well as my SOP. Please be realistic, is there the slightest chance that horrible GRE be overlooked?

In my opinion you might want to retake the gre. Going into a literature program one would be expected to have a higher verbal and writing score but you never know. Also the new gre is based less on vocabulary definition and more on comprehension which you may be better at.

From the dept.'s website FAQs:

What are the minimum scores required?

The general rule for admission to the graduate program is that your test scores should be at or above the 30th percentile either on the GRE (verbal+quantitative sections) or MAT.In general, if you have a low GPA, your test scores should be higher, or with a high GPA, you may have lower test scores. Your recommendations letters are also important.

So that would be ~390+V, ~520+Q, and ~3.5/4.0+A. If I were you, I'd strongly consider retaking the GRE after doing some serious studying. Good luck!