Fordham MSW

RP1027

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have information on Fordham's MSW program, specifically how competitive it is to get in?

I went to Fordham undergrad. My GPA was ok (3.3) but I have extensive volunteer and work experience. Also, I applied to their part-time program for the Leadership/Macro Practice Concentration. At the info session I was told that 90% of their applicants apply to the clinical concentration, I'm hoping my interest in leadership will set me a part and increase my chances.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone out there!

• 1 year later...

when did you apply? i applied at the end of january and got my acceptance 4 wks later. good luck! (keep in mind that if you applied later- it will take longer because of rolling admissions)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How long did it take Fordham to notify you? This is week 6 of my application completion date? I applied for Advanced Standing. Should I be worried????

The application site for Fordham marked complete at the end of November but the VIP website said my application was completed on 1/3/13. I'm waiting to hear back now.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I have a question: I applied to fordham on 01/06 and mailed in my supplemental documents that same day. According to the tracking I put it was received by 01/08. My vip page still doesn't say complete. Should I be worried? It's been like two weeks or so and I have yet to hear anything of this status update. All I get is, "check periodically". My concern is how do I know it was received. Does anyone have any feedback?

does anyone know if fordham sends out their decisions by mail or email? Or do they call you? I'm patiently waiting!!! By the way my application was officially complete on December 13th.

They emailed the official letter, and also sent a letter in the mail a week or so later. 

Hey guys I have a question: I applied to fordham on 01/06 and mailed in my supplemental documents that same day. According to the tracking I put it was received by 01/08. My vip page still doesn't say complete. Should I be worried? It's been like two weeks or so and I have yet to hear anything of this status update. All I get is, "check periodically". My concern is how do I know it was received. Does anyone have any feedback?

They were so slow to make my application complete! (I applied in September.. and my application wasn't complete until December 18) I called and emailed to ensure it was complete, and the GSS admissions secretary responded to my email in a few days to tell me it was complete. I would recommend emailing them to see if you're all complete so your nerves don't get the best of you!

goodluck :)

They were so slow to make my application complete! (I applied in September.. and my application wasn't complete until December 18) I called and emailed to ensure it was complete, and the GSS admissions secretary responded to my email in a few days to tell me it was complete. I would recommend emailing them to see if you're all complete so your nerves don't get the best of you!

goodluck :)

Also-- within a week of emailing them to ask if it was complete, I found out I was accepted.