Interview over 3 weeks ago

survivorgirl

This is my first post here. I applied for an MSW program at a local university. I am unable to move due to work, my son, etc, and this is the only school in the area that offers the MSW. I had an interview a little over 3 weeks ago (2 days after they received my last reference), and I thought i would hear something by now. I thought everything went well in the interview. How long is customary to wait? Does this mean a rejection for me? It's driving me crazy!

Melody

I interviewed at Arizona a month ago, and still no word. I'm debating whether or not to call, but then that gets into the question of "do I actually want that answer?"

I interviewed at Arizona a month ago, and still no word. I'm debating whether or not to call, but then that gets into the question of "do I actually want that answer?"

haha - I hear you! I think once it rolls over into April if I still haven't heard I'll just wait for the rejection letter in the mail

This is my first post here. I applied for an MSW program at a local university. I am unable to move due to work, my son, etc, and this is the only school in the area that offers the MSW. I had an interview a little over 3 weeks ago (2 days after they received my last reference), and I thought i would hear something by now. I thought everything went well in the interview. How long is customary to wait? Does this mean a rejection for me? It's driving me crazy!

Melody

Go ahead and call. There are a bunch of posts on here about ways to make an inquiry without sounding impatient or needy. I made a call yesterday, "I'm just calling to check in."

I just received my acceptance via snail mail today!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Nothing is mentioned about scholarship, however, though the prof said I would be eligible during my interview. They want a $100 deposit & THEN they will send more info.

YAYYYYYY!!!!! Congratulations!

I just received my acceptance via snail mail today!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Nothing is mentioned about scholarship, however, though the prof said I would be eligible during my interview. They want a $100 deposit & THEN they will send more info.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hope I'll get one soon too!

I have a question for you guys: during my second interview with one of the programs I applied to, I asked the interviewer how long should it take for decisions to be made. The thing is I asked it in such a spontaneous and "natural" way. I told him straight in the face that I was worried about the results and I would like to know when should I expect anything. Stupid right? Do you think I hurt my chances this way?

I dont think it's a stupid thing to ask - schools should understand applicants may be juggling multiple offers. Although I've found even when schools have said I should receive a funding offer or admission decision in x weeks, it usually takes longer.... :(

I dont think it's a stupid thing to ask - schools should understand applicants may be juggling multiple offers. Although I've found even when schools have said I should receive a funding offer or admission decision in x weeks, it usually takes longer.... :(

Thank you green8715! I feel better about it now. And I think you're right, it does seem to take much longer time than they say :(