So here is the deal:

Applied:

Uni of Washington-

MSW 2 yr

-WAITLIST

Uni at Buffalo-

MSW 2 yr

-Still waiting

So I got an email on march 21 saying that I am wait-listed. No information on ranks or anything. a record number of applicants were in for the fall. 950 to be exact.

they only expect to admit around 150 for the day program.

I emailed the director and the general admissions, stating my intent to stay on the list.

I then sent the admissions office my updated transcripts since October.

They will be sent after winter evaluations (March 26) come out ( I go to a nontraditional uni that doesn't use grades).

I wrote a hard copy letter stating my intent again with my current research assistantship duties that I have been working on and various academic success stories since Oct when I applied.

I said I will wait till July for their offer but am graduating in June.

If UB pulls through and I get in, I plan on securing my spot there ASAP.

UW says If i am not accepted I will receive a rejection in September! SEPTEMBER!?!?

By that time if i do not hear back by late july from them I will already be in Buffalo and starting their program.

If I wait till July, I may have an issue with the quarter vs semester timelines, I think fall semester (Buffalo Uni) fall starts in August...? Fall Quarter (seattle UW) starts in late sept.

Is there anything I can do but wait? Already sending updated transcripts and letter of intent seems enough?

I am honored to even be on their waitlist as they said I am a strong candidate and they would like to admit me if space allows.

I have been waiting since October!!!

Does the April 15th deadline still apply to quarter based schools?

This process is awful and I am very anxious about it.

Good thing I still have a quarter left at my school, otherwise I'd go off the deep end.

If anyone has any advice or has been waitlisted, please be kind and offer something.

Thank you.

P.s. This board has saved my brain countless times and I am so grateful to everyone for being so honest.

Mantra- We are all worthy of acceptance and beautiful in every way. We are successful.

I have been "waiting" since late January. :(

I immediately sent a follow up letter detailing what I had done since I applied back in December. Now, I am even more anxious since I know that their potential answer will be revealed soon. I thought about following up again, but it is a thin line between looking determined and turning out to be annoying when they have so many other things to focus on. As much as I hate to say it and as much as you may not like to do it anymore, the best we can do is wait.

Just know you aren't alone!