McGill

persiandoc

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. Foremost congrats on your acceptance, that's wonderful. When did you hear your notification and what was the method of notification? Do you think no news is bad news or what?

All the best

Accepted. What do you mean "getting your shit together?"

Thank you. I've known for a while now - since about mid-Feb. But I applied before the deadline. My whole application was in by mid-November. The committee goes slowly, so the timing will depend on when your application was received.

I checked on Minerva and it said "recommended by department" and at the same time received an email from the faculty saying I had been recommended. Official offer from the university came before the end of that week. But that should have taken longer - website says a few weeks. Again, I think it was because I was early.

So I'm not sure whether no news is bad news. If it were bad news, you would know via Minerva. So until it says refused or wait list, I would still be hopeful.

I am confused about your profile. Says you are in Anthropology... I don't understand the connection with LLM.

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. Foremost congrats on your acceptance, that's wonderful. When did you hear your notification and what was the method of notification? Do you think no news is bad news or what?

All the best

Here's the story,

I've applied to PhD anthro and I've been accepted to NYU at the end. My brother applied to LLM McGill but he doesn't believe in this website. He's so unnerved these days so I decided to get some info on his behalf because unlike him I DO rely on the majority of the info coming from these forums and I do appreciate their coordinators and all of the applications sharing their info.

I truly appreciate your time. Will keep you updated,

Thank you. I've known for a while now - since about mid-Feb. But I applied before the deadline. My whole application was in by mid-November. The committee goes slowly, so the timing will depend on when your application was received.

I checked on Minerva and it said "recommended by department" and at the same time received an email from the faculty saying I had been recommended. Official offer from the university came before the end of that week. But that should have taken longer - website says a few weeks. Again, I think it was because I was early.

So I'm not sure whether no news is bad news. If it were bad news, you would know via Minerva. So until it says refused or wait list, I would still be hopeful.

I am confused about your profile. Says you are in Anthropology... I don't understand the connection with LLM.

Ok, I understand now. I too am relying on these forums - it's the most information we have... Congratulations on NYU - that's pretty great!

Please do post with your brother's news. Good luck to him!

Here's the story,

I've applied to PhD anthro and I've been accepted to NYU at the end. My brother applied to LLM McGill but he doesn't believe in this website. He's so unnerved these days so I decided to get some info on his behalf because unlike him I DO rely on the majority of the info coming from these forums and I do appreciate their coordinators and all of the applications sharing their info.

I truly appreciate your time. Will keep you updated,