Public/Intl Affairs/Relations/Policy Fall 2009

Dreams

Hi! decided to join the forum after reading the posts for a while. I'm an international student, IR applicant, applied to a few programs including Fletcher, GWU(elliot), MSFS, SIS, etc. Reason I decided to join was because of this message:

It's just the applyyourself online application page. If you sign it, it should say something like "Status CCAS-3 - Application Under Review."

OMG!! I also applied to GWU and my app is complete but i don't see anything like 'Status CCAS-3'....

And I have a reason to freak out: my app status check page had an error for a while. It listed my undergrad school twice(yes, the same thing twice), and said a transcript from one school was received while the one from the other was not(of couse there exists only one transcript, and i sent one), therefore my app was incomplete. So, for a while, it looked like:

- Application Imcomplete -

Transcript:

* ABC College (official) : Received

* ABC COLLEGE (official) : Not Received

....weird, huh?

I finished submitting everything by the Jan. 15th deadline(everything got there well before the deadline-I tracked the documents-), but the status did not change. Freaked out, I sent them an email notifying this error on the Jan 15th. No change. Sent them another e-mail again on Jan 28th. Then they changed it to 'complete' and erased the 'same college name' entry, but the status said 'your application is complete as of Jan 28th'... Wonder if this is the reason why I don't see the 'Status CCAS-3' sign. Without the error, my app woulda been completed before Jan 15th. In the same email I did ask them whether my app will be considered complete before the Jan 15th, but got no reply on that. Only got a generic reply saying 'please be patient while we upload everything, it takes a while, etc.'

Could this be why? Could anyone please be kind enough to give any advice on this sit? The wait itself was already enough........(collapse) Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone who's applying!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott School IR people... Take a deep breath. Like slothrop99 already pointed out, the status change issue we are discussing is for the Trachtenberg School's public policy/public administration programs. I know this process is stressful enough. Sorry my question generated so much anxiety. :wink:

So dagger, anything new on the status change front for you? My status with GWU is still CCAS-3. I am assuming that my letter won't go out until my status changes to CCAS-4. I hope I am wrong.

Still waiting on both the status change and the official letter. I suppose it doesn't really matter that much, but I'd just like to have something remotely official to ease my mind.

Elliott School IR people... Take a deep breath. Like slothrop99 already pointed out, the status change issue we are discussing is for the Trachtenberg School's public policy/public administration programs. I know this process is stressful enough. Sorry my question generated so much anxiety. :wink:

Uh oh... linden pretty soon policy_applicant will be accusing you of riling people up. :wink: You and I seem to be the cause of accidental anxiety lol.

Still waiting on both the status change and the official letter. I suppose it doesn't really matter that much, but I'd just like to have something remotely official to ease my mind.

Yeah, same here. (And, if the official letter talks about money, that could really easy my mind.)

Uh oh... linden pretty soon policy_applicant will be accusing you of riling people up. :wink: You and I seem to be the cause of accidental anxiety lol.

Ha, ha. :D Traveler, I was actually thinking of you when I realized I had the IR peeps in a tizzy.

Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a discussion topic on some of the most popular pp/pa/ir schools discussing the pros/cons? (regardless of funding, etc) Clearly I got this idea from the Maxwell School thread but I think it would be great if this information was easily found in its own thread and not tucked away in others. Thoughts?

The confirmation email I got said it would be tomorrow.

"Thank you for your application to the Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs. We look forward to reading your application. We will read completed applications starting in the middle of January and you should then hear from the La Follette Admissions Committee by February 20th, 2009 regarding admission and funding awards."

Nice call. It does say "around the 20th" though. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be today. Hopefully it wont stretch towards next week. It's great that it comes with funding info at the same time too!

I'm good at asking questions so I had no trouble calling to find out what the deal is at La Follette. Only some people got the aformentioned "February 20th" email because they decided halfway through that sending them out to everyone was too much trouble.

Letters - rejections, waitlist and invitations - were sent out a couple days ago via snail mail so it's very possible some of us will hear today. I am praying for an acceptance. It will be the first school I hear from and I don't think I can deal if I get a rejection in the first round.

I'm good at asking questions so I had no trouble calling to find out what the deal is at La Follette. Only some people got the aformentioned "February 20th" email because they decided halfway through that sending them out to everyone was too much trouble.

Letters - rejections, waitlist and invitations - were sent out a couple days ago via snail mail so it's very possible some of us will hear today. I am praying for an acceptance. It will be the first school I hear from and I don't think I can deal if I get a rejection in the first round.

Ugh. Snail Mail? That means that I will probably receive it one month from now. I feel like living in a very small Mississippi town is almost as if I am living in foreign country. Mail takes so long to come!

So has it been determined that GWU has sent out acceptances? My app tracker has had the CCAS-3 status up for awhile, but no e-mail either way...

Yes, GWU sent out some acceptances the past two weeks. The unofficial e-mails were primarily sent out on the 4th and 5th. Some individuals have received their official letters in the mail. In addition, the status of some individuals has changed on the website and a brief acceptance letter was posted via the site.

So has it been determined that GWU has sent out acceptances? My app tracker has had the CCAS-3 status up for awhile, but no e-mail either way...

GWU sent out a first batch of acceptances early in the month. My suspicion is that there are more to come since I don't know how they could get through all the applications so quickly.

Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a discussion topic on some of the most popular pp/pa/ir schools discussing the pros/cons? (regardless of funding, etc) Clearly I got this idea from the Maxwell School thread but I think it would be great if this information was easily found in its own thread and not tucked away in others. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. If you start it up, I'll chime in.

I got in. No funding. I hoped the delay in getting my letter mean extra funding. Oh well.

Same deal for me. How did they word that sentence for you though? In mine they mentioned "Limited funding means we are unable to offer fellowships to all those whom we would like to support. You have been placed on an alternate list at this time...."

Today I received an e-mail from hnzadmit@blahblahblah.edu (Carnegie Mellon Heinz). I got excited thinking it was an admissions decision, but it turned out to be only an invitation to an information session in DC. Everyday I think I'm going to get my decision from there, and everyday I'm disappointed. Come on Heinz, send me some good news this week with some funding info!

Unless you're like me. I got my four wisdom teeth out before I joined the Peace Corps and had neither pain nor swelling. I was expecting the worst--when I was around 20 I had my tonsils out and experienced 2 weeks with the devil--but in the end I didn't even need pain killers. Good luck!

It'll probably be Friday, if I know admissions people. They don't want denied people to be able to call as soon as they find out.

Thanks Plate. That sounds eerily similar to when pink slips are delivered, coincidence, I think not.

Although for your wisdom tooth the reverse could also be true.

Boyfriend: WWS accepted you with a ferrari and a maid

Plate: Can I have more painkillers? *sleep*