Jump to content

Not letting a school know you accepted another offer


Recommended Posts

I have accepted an offer from a good program already.

I also got into my safety school where they have no April 15th deadline.

They said that they will let me know late April whether or not I will be receiving funding and then I can make a decision whether or not I want to attend.

I'm kinda curious to know whether or not I get funding.

Do you think it is ok to wait for the funding offer before I decline, or I should I decline right away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unethical? When you have to ask a question like that, then you've probably answered it yourself.

If you've made a decision, then you've done just that; let the other schools know so that someone else can get the spot. If nothing else, it's common decency and KARMA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You people are really making me out as some villain.

I emailed the admissions coordinator in february and she told me to wait till april for a funding decision.

She told me that there is no deadline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you waiting because Program 1 did not give you funding and you are curious as to whether Program 2 will give you funding, and plan to switch?

If you have no intention of declining Program 1 to go to Program 2 regardless of the decision, then you should just withdraw your application already. What's the point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.