The PCA/ACA conference held in San Antonio, TX from April 19th - April 24th is on the horizon. I am personally very excited to get out of this state where it is a high of 75 degrees one day and 45 the next and snow predicted for the weekend (WTF?), and trade it in for some sun and some awesome presentations. So, a few questions to get us started: who is going? when are your presentations? what is your topic of interest? what is the title of your paper? etc. etc.

I'll start: I am presenting on Friday morning, April 22nd at 9:45 am @ RC-Bd Rm 530; Arab Culture in the US Panel; Session Chair: Lufti Hussein. My presentation explores the composite of the terrorist figure in Khaled Hosseini's "The Kite Runner," as a dehistoricized amalgamation of different ethnicities and races (as Jaspir K. Puar's "monster-terrorist-fag"), while exploring this text as a location for merging Asian American and Arab American Studies.

Thanks everyone for replying, and I hope all of us get a chance to meet in person. Good luck!

That sounds really interesting, USTgrad! I'll be there too - I'm presenting on mise-en-scene in Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice, also at 9:45 am on Friday.

Maybe we can organize a gradcafe get-together sometime when there's not too much going on?

You are on a very interesting panel! I wish I could go to your presentation to cheer you on. I love critical film studies!

I think a gradcafe get-together would be cool. It would be nice to have full conversations with the people who use this site. We will have to pm & see whoever wants to get together.

I'll be there! I'm presenting Saturday morning on Deleuze and Guattari and cyberspace. We should definitely get together.

That panel looks intense. I'll be there, man.

The final session (8:15 pm on Saturday) looks pretty light - only two panels. Unless anyone is really interested in those, maybe that would be a good time to meet up? Either that or after the last session on one of the earlier nights.

That sounds great. I would love to meet up with folks from gradcafe. I haven't extensively checked the program .pdf, but any evening would be good. We can finalize a time a little late after we check out the scene! I'm still wondering how to navigate between the two hotels and find the rooms I want to, much more the room in which I am presenting! :)

That sounds great. I would love to meet up with folks from gradcafe. I haven't extensively checked the program .pdf, but any evening would be good. We can finalize a time a little late after we check out the scene! I'm still wondering how to navigate between the two hotels and find the rooms I want to, much more the room in which I am presenting! :)

That sounds great! I'm here in SA and I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheet number of panels and finding my way around, but hopefully we'll all feel better tomorrow!

That sounds great! I'm here in SA and I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheet number of panels and finding my way around, but hopefully we'll all feel better tomorrow!

Oh good... I'm not the only one who has found this place intimidating! The .pdf is 477 pages!! Luckily I am not that into vampires, so that cuts out about 15-20 panels. :D

But zombies and reality TV I am ready to rock!

I am considering going to the screening of the film "Walking Life" Wednesday night @ 6:30, let me know if you want to meet up.