Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Did you by any chance apply to Lithuania? If so, you know there's at least two of us! ;)

Aaah no way! I DID apply to Lithuania! I'm so excited, I've been hoping to find someone else! I pm'd you :)

Psst Biz, now there are three of us for the Baltic States!

Woot! Happy to have the company! Crossing fingers for earlier notifications... Can we cut off 10 days for mailing times from Baltic states since it's an email for Fulbright stateside? :) Not sure, but just a thought.

Woot! Happy to have the company! Crossing fingers for earlier notifications... Can we cut off 10 days for mailing times from Baltic states since it's an email for Fulbright stateside? :) Not sure, but just a thought.

I hope so! I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the new form of communication will cut down on wait times. Still, the postmark dates on notification letters for our region have been almost surprisingly regular over the years...'tis a blessing and a curse, I suppose :P

Is anyone else concerned with what happens if they accept a grad school offer and fellowship and then later on receive a Fulbright offer? Obviously, I want to do the Fulbright at any costs. I also realize afterwards, I'll be a more attractive candidate for grad programs and more likely to get funding. I'm scared to accept a good offer from an okay school in case they won't let me go because it's "legally binding." It's SO FREAKING HARD to deal with this because I have no idea what my chances are in this competition.

Both schools have said funding isn't deferrable. So this whole process is extremely confusing, maddening, worrying, and frustrating. I need to know about this dang fellowship!

Ich hoffe, dass heute der Tag ist! Vielleicht werden die Fulbright-Götter glücklich sein, weil dieser auf Deutsch ist. haha

That would be so fantastic...I have to turn in a really awful paper on a book-length poem, and notification would be a good reward.

Both schools have said funding isn't deferrable. So this whole process is extremely confusing, maddening, worrying, and frustrating. I need to know about this dang fellowship!

Sometimes even when departments say it isn't deferrable...it is. Don't do what I did: believe them without delving a little, and then get to campus to discover someone in your new cohort deferred from the previous year!

Ah yes, the waiting has become painful.

I'm curious, does anyone know why the ask for our transcripts again. Is it just to validate our graduation? I assume they have already ranked and sent out our recommendations long before they receive our transcripts in NYC.

I'm curious, does anyone know why the ask for our transcripts again. Is it just to validate our graduation? I assume they have already ranked and sent out our recommendations long before they receive our transcripts in NYC.

I believe it is for that as well as to confirm your grades.

We just upload unofficial transcripts (at least I did). They're not officially official unless they're delivered somewhere from the university in a sealed envelope.

We just upload unofficial transcripts (at least I did). They're not officially official unless they're delivered somewhere from the university in a sealed envelope.

yeah I just copy/pasted my online transcript into a word doc and uploaded that. It even said "this is an unofficial transcript" all over it.

Since the application is all online, the transcript has to be opened to scan it in and upload it, so that automatically invalidates it's "officialness"

Edited by bdoll

Germany ETA applicants: Last Friday I E-mailed Cara Doble. She was out of the office, but the automatic reply said to E-mail Theresa Granza, so I did. I finally received a response from Theresa today and this is what she said: "We are still waiting to hear from Germany."

I guess we have quite a while to wait still...maybe the first week of April?