NSF GRFP

timuralp

I somehow strongly suspect that there will be another little glitch soon (like the ratings, which I totally missed). Just keep playing with the website.

so another thought. that was an awfully quick response from NSF/fastlane and their IT people. do you think they could be looking on in this forum with us? or am i just starting to sound paranoid?

so another thought. that was an awfully quick response from NSF/fastlane and their IT people. do you think they could be looking on in this forum with us? or am i just starting to sound paranoid?

This happened last year, so they may have planned to pull it down this year

I am thinking that even though it seems the reviews are in, it is not necessarily a sign that the results are ready. The reviews were probably ready a long time ago.

Oh, and hate to kill everyone's spirits, but I called NSF and was told by the man that the results will be published in the first half of April. So now, it seems we have gone from "early April" to "first half of April". What crap!

This happened last year, so they may have planned to pull it down this year

what i find difficult to wrap around my head is that between the post first suggesting the reviews page and my getting on the reviews site (enough time to read a the first two) it shut down......i suppose, of course, it is possible that the few of us that actually saw the review comments were just incredibly lucky to check during that time frame....

Just called them, they are still stating that results will be emailed by the 15th of Aapril. The lady noted that what happened should not have happened, and that winners have not been awarded yet. Maybe losers only got posted?

I would feel so violated!

So I have good and bad news. So I called NSF (for the second time this week....) and they said that they have not set an award date yet, because they don't know how many awards they will be giving out (so maybe there's hope that there's a few more than originally planned-that was the good news!). The bad news is that they said they probably won't post them (at the earliest) early next week. They said the email will definately go out before they are posted online. I said that I had seen the posted list last year nearly a week before I got an email, and they said that it was a mistake through NSF and they aren't going to make the same mistake this year..... What a rip off.

Just called them, they are still stating that results will be emailed by the 15th of Aapril. The lady noted that what happened should not have happened, and that winners have not been awarded yet. Maybe losers only got posted?

The website allows you to only review the rating sheets. It won't say congrats you've won. But if you saw 3 reviews and the last one was good (as it is the tie-breaker), you can glean that you've won or received HM.

The website allows you to only review the rating sheets. It won't say congrats you've won. But if you saw 3 reviews and the last one was good (as it is the tie-breaker), you can glean that you've won or received HM.

Did this happen to anyone :) ?

P.S. I felt extremely relieved to find this forum because waiting for these results are driving me nuts!!! I applied last year and thought that I was the only crazy one just waiting and clicking refresh all freaking day!!!!

P.S. I felt extremely relieved to find this forum because waiting for these results are driving me nuts!!! I applied last year and thought that I was the only crazy one just waiting and clicking refresh all freaking day!!!!

That is not true, many people receive 3 good sheets but do not get an award. It just means that you are still in the running. If you get only two sheets you did not make the first cut. You cant tell anything beyond that.

That is not true, many people receive 3 good sheets but do not get an award. It just means that you are still in the running. If you get only two sheets you did not make the first cut. You cant tell anything beyond that.

Pretty sure 3 review sheets mean either award or HM. Point I was making is that depending upon how good that last review was determines which of the two...

Not necessarily. Two applicants from my school who had high GREs and GPAs each received 3 reviews that said "perfect" or "great" or "includes everything -- good luck next year" and neither received either an HM or the award. So who knows...

Dude, if you're still interested then def. e-mail those schools and let them know about your fellowship. They may reverse their decisions - I know a couple of people that got into their top-choice schools after being rejected. You may feel like telling those departments where they can stuff their rejection letters, but don't take it too personally. Admissions committees make mistakes and obviously you were one of them. :)

(Also, don't wait for the departments to see the list because it might be a while before it's posted - the NDSEG is announced in waves.)

Can anyone else here verify that this happens? I am very intrigued by trying this. However, I want to avoid burning any bridges.

Can anyone else here verify that this happens? I am very intrigued by trying this. However, I want to avoid burning any bridges.

Chances are it will work with NDSEG since full tuition/fees are paid. NSF is more of a crap shoot because they only receive 10,500 for tuition and they have to foot the rest of the bill. You have no bridges to burn, not doing it is silly.

Pretty sure 3 review sheets mean either award or HM. Point I was making is that depending upon how good that last review was determines which of the two...

Two of my application buddies last year received three reviews each. All of the ratings were excellent+ a few good (whatever the top 2 ratings are). Neither of these guys received the award or HM.