NSF GRFP

timuralp

Excuse a likely failarific 1st post here...I too am checking fastlane more and more often with each passing hour/day/epoch. When you go to log in, it says login for applicants/fellows. Once you log in, there is the Application Package Task List, and the Application Package Optional Task List in the center pane, nothing of news or interest. But in the left pane, it has Information for Graduate Fellows, has that been there since the beginning? I am starting lose it :-P Nothing else of interest, still says "Applicant Data" in the right pane, and "Welcome Applicants" in the center pane....

It happened to me too! I was starting to wonder.

this may have something to do with it:

If you are a non-financial user your FastLane password expires after 365 days of use (Table 1). If you are a financial user your FastLane password expires after 120 days of use. When you attempt to log in, you will be required to change your password. You cannot use your last three passwords.

i'm pretty sure you can, but then you dont let people like me on the NDSEG waiting list get any of the love.....

do you really plan on needing 7 years to finish?

Well not 7..... I hope :|

But 6 is not out of the question.

I don't know if today is the day for me to be seeing results of any kind. It took me like 10 minutes of freaking out over the stupid gmail prank before it occurred to me that 01April = April fools. On the other hand, it was an outstanding laugh. Go to gmail.com and click on "learn more" for CADIE. F*ing brilliant!

It happened to me too! I was starting to wonder.

*grumble* So this is how I learn I'm not getting the award? C'mon now...every year these early indicators get more absurd. :roll: Congrats to the happy few!

P.S. You guys didn't click the "Forgot password?" button exactly 365 days ago, did you?

*grumble* So this is how I learn I'm not getting the award? C'mon now...every year these early indicators get more absurd. :roll: Congrats to the happy few!

P.S. You guys didn't click the "Forgot password?" button exactly 365 days ago, did you?

I think you're way off... I got the new password thing back in December... as I applied last year... these are not early tells. The early tell is an award letter posted on your fastlane...

Excuse a likely failarific 1st post here...I too am checking fastlane more and more often with each passing hour/day/epoch. When you go to log in, it says login for applicants/fellows. Once you log in, there is the Application Package Task List, and the Application Package Optional Task List in the center pane, nothing of news or interest. But in the left pane, it has Information for Graduate Fellows, has that been there since the beginning? I am starting lose it :-P Nothing else of interest, still says "Applicant Data" in the right pane, and "Welcome Applicants" in the center pane....

My left pane has that too. A bunch of those options have always been there (not sure on this one specifically), so I do not think it means anything. I am not sure, but I think the grad fellow info (meaning you got the award) was on the main part of the page last year. I do not know if anyone can clarify this point. Where ever it was last year, it was clear to those individuals that they were then fellows.

From my talks with the people there, I doubt we will see any of the "tricks" until Friday at the earliest. They were telling us last year that the awards would be out in several days before people were able to access the tricks.

it made me change my password a couple of days ago when I tried to log in, but everything still looks the same...did that happen to anyone else?

Yeah it happened to me too. But this is the second time I've applied, it's reasonable that my password expired...

I got it a week or two ago too after trying to log on the first time since submitting my application, so I don't think it means much.

it made me change my password about a month ago. i don't think it's any sort of indicator of anything at all.

I registered just so I could suffer with the rest of you. Seriously though, why does it take five months to decide these things anyway? Like some of you, I don't feel like I have a great shot at getting it, but I just want to know. If I got it, I can relax and throw a party or something. If I didn't, then I can seriously start looking at the rest of my options.

I called yesterday afternoon because I was supposed to let one of my potential schools know by today. The man I spoke with said that in his opinion we'd be lucky to find out by the 15th and not to base any decisions on the NSF this year...but I still keep checking Fastlane every few hours anyway... :(

What bastards. At the very least, if they can't just let us know now, they should give us a date. Having a definite date would at least give us something to look forward to. But I guess that's too much to ask. They already busted on "late March," what's the over/under on them busting on "early April"?

Expressing my negativity in this thread isn't going to lower my chances, is it?

I have to say, reading all these posts about the changes, real or imagined, happen when you log in is quite entertaining. But, I admit I am checking very frequently too. I feel bad for people who are trying to decide on grad schools...would be nice to know if you have your own funding.

Maybe tomorrow?

You mean today, April 2nd? Well, it's the 2nd for us here on the east coast, anyway. I secretly hope that the list is already prepared and they just didn't want to release it on the 1st because of April fools day. Fingers crossed?