NSF GRFP

timuralp

maybe they are on lunch break?

That is just what I was going to post!

If they did put that up for good, they may be expecting to delay things more. Why else would they put it up now if they were going to send things out within 24hrs?

Bgk- ridiculous! You would have fixed the problem by deleting the false poster. yeah that thread got off topics now and then but most of it related to GRFP

You win (thank t_ruth for convincing me). Please refrain from posting misleading information here. And use due diligence before drawing conclusions from things you read on this site.

at some point, one has to use some self-discretion regarding the number of gifs they should post in a single day

anyway, didn't someone say that all of the notifications for the past few years were issue at 9am? Or was that just last year? I've kind of given up hope on today too :(

anyway, didn't someone say that all of the notifications for the past few years were issue at 9am? Or was that just last year? I've kind of given up hope on today too :(

I hope not. I'm still holding out for some time this afternoon...

I hope not. I'm still holding out for some time this afternoon...

the 2007 notifications (rejections anyway) came out at 3:25 pm.

the 2008 hm notifications came out at 9 something AM.

(ETA: both times eastern)

i dont know if that helps.

There was a gigantic "Accept Fellowship" button when I logged in ;)

I'm awesome!

Avast, ye! Ye be not awesome but lying scum, of the lowest order. If ye be seen here again, then ye will taste my steel. ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any concrete knowledge as to whether or not the NSF considers undergrads vs. 1st year grads vs. 2nd year grads differently? I've read that you are evaluated within a pool consisting only of your subpopulation. But is it harder or easier to get an award depending on where you are in your career?

Happy 100th page.

Remember we're all in this together (and don't feed the trolls....)

But cant we feed them arsenic?

I just called. I spoke with a guy who said the result would be posted sometime in the first half of April. He said that they did not know whether there was a chance for them to be up this week. It did not sound too promising.

Now I am going to go enjoy the sun in a place that lacks internet so i can get some work done

Does anyone have any concrete knowledge as to whether or not the NSF considers undergrads vs. 1st year grads vs. 2nd year grads differently? I've read that you are evaluated within a pool consisting only of your subpopulation. But is it harder or easier to get an award depending on where you are in your career?

10% of applicants get the award from each group, so your odds are the same.

Now I am going to go enjoy the sun in a place that lacks internet so i can get some work done

I second this. Try not to hit 115 pages in the next couple hours or I will have an attack when I return this evening...

I've heard that you are compared to your own group as well. It probably is more fair that way and more competitive as you progress further. (i.e. senior undergrad vs. senior undergrad is easier than 1st year grad vs. 1st year grad and 2nd yr. grad vs. 2nd yr grad).