Apply 2012!

Francophile1

I'll be applying this fall for geobiology programs, so a lot of overlap between evo bio and geology. Have my list narrowed down to between 8-10 schools with a mix of MAs and PhDs. It will get more settled once I've contacted all of the POI's I have.

Still have to retake my GRE's and will be taking them on Sept 3.

Hi! I'm applying to history M.A. programs this fall. I have yet to take the GRE, I was going to take it pre-August but family issues arose. I really hope that I can get in somewhere with funding! Fingers crossed--and toes, and if need be eyes crossed too for luck. *Reading past posts, it seems we all still have our sanity. I wonder what we will all be like in January!*

Hey everyone,

I'm applying to Latin American Studies M.A. programs this fall. Sadly for me, I graduated a year earlier than expected, leaving me with a gap year since grad applications had long passed by the time I found out (people were starting to get accepted!)

Took the GRE, happy with my scores! Asked two professors for references, happy with those references since they can both attest to my research abilities in a field where undergraduate research isn't so prevalent! I have a third professor in mind to ask, a statement of purpose to polish, an undergraduate research conference presentation I hope to work on in this gap year, and a crazy desire to get a job to hold me down for a year.

good luck to everyone out there!

Edited by mooochael

Hey everybody! I'm applying to cultural anthropology PhD programs and I've been a passionate reader of Grad Cafe since this March!!Finally, it's my time to apply and it is a little bit scary but fun!I still need to take the GRE, finish my thesis, find a job, and graduate in December!I was also wondering, do you guys think it's a little bit late to contact professors in mid-August?I am a bit worried about that too!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone- I'm an international student who wants to apply for an MS in Natural Resources/Environmental Science. Currently in the process of contacting potential advisors and all this polite letter-writing and correspondence is keeping me on edge. Coming home from work (been out of school for two years now) to emails saying that they have no funding and having to send out even more emails is draining- and its only the start. Good luck to all fellow applicants and let's hope that we still have our sanity by April next year!

I'm applying to doctorate programs in immunology / pathology. I work part-time as a tutor at a local state college and I love it so much. I'm still perfecting my SOP and having an issue with letters of rec for online apps, but otherwise I'm well on my way. I just hope things don't start to bunch up closer to the end of the semester when those apps are supposed to be done and submitted.

• 3 months later...