Climate Change

neuropsych76

I've just moved to Tennessee from south Texas, so I'm excited about actually having seasons! Fall and winter usually lasted about a month where thing would get kind of cold, but then went back into the 80s. I hope this winter I get to dust off all of my coats and jackets--wearing shorts outside at Christmas really spoils the holiday spirit! :P

I guess when comparing Tennessee to Texas you would feel like you get a winter! I have to say I think you need to move alittle more north to get the full effect ;)

I'm moving from Maryland to Pennsylvania, not a big switch.

Hi ZeeMore, I'm attending UT Knoxville as a non degree seeking student to strengthen my background while my husband finishes up his PhD here.

Sounds great! I will be in Nashville at Vandy...very excited to be moving to TN, although I heard that it is extremely hot down there right now!

I guess when comparing Tennessee to Texas you would feel like you get a winter! I have to say I think you need to move alittle more north to get the full effect ;)

I'm moving from Maryland to Pennsylvania, not a big switch.

It's a little less humid and a little cooler here right now (thank goodness!) But we visited in the fall last year, and it was so nice to feel cool air and not feel all the heat and humidity that seems to hang around year round in TX! So, not much of a change...but a nice change nonetheless! :)

Sounds great! I will be in Nashville at Vandy...very excited to be moving to TN, although I heard that it is extremely hot down there right now!

Congrats, I've heard Nashville is an awesome place! And yes, it is very, very hot right now. Plus, it's been very rainy lately so it's been nice and humid in my area!

Congrats, I've heard Nashville is an awesome place! And yes, it is very, very hot right now. Plus, it's been very rainy lately so it's been nice and humid in my area!

Thanks! You as well! Yeah, I'm expecting my move from Philadelphia to Nashville to be huge for me, especially given the weather shift.

Haha hey! It's something I have giggled about! Apparently it is some kind of storm that everyone was calling this last one.

I've actually heard it used in context the other day...it's Arabic for sand or dust storm I believe. I literally had no idea what that meant when you said it, but got it now.

Currently, I'm sweating through 95-100 degrees in my corner of the Northeast, and I hate warm weather.

Needless to say, I'm applying to the coldest regions possible for graduate school! ^_^

Some people would argue Chicago would be right up your alley, but they got pointed with a 108F heat-indexed killer today

I grew up in central Virginia and still live there. I'm looking mostly at schools further north, except for a couple in California and one in Tennessee. I really don't know what I'll do come winter if I end up going north. We don't get much snow at all where I am and that's still more than enough for me. I'd rather be hot and humid!

I grew up and did my undergrad in Iowa. I am certain that the upper-Midwest has the worst weather in the Western hemisphere: 100°F with 100% humidity in the summer then -30°F with the wind-chill in the winter. My last winter in Iowa there was one day where it was officially colder than the North Pole. I moved to the Southwest for my MA and I will remain here for the foreseeable future. The winters are mild and even the summers are more tolerable becasue there is very little humidy. Plus, you dont have to worry about tornadoes, hail, mosquitos, severe thuderstorms, 10' snow-drifts, mosquitos, ice-storms, biblical flooding, mosquitos, or fish flies.

Edited by jblsmith