Study Abroad?

Rose White

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, with the new subforums. If not, please feel free to move where it may be the most appropriate!

I'm getting ready to attend a MA program in History and I am very excited. I have decided to focus on European history, specifically in Britain and France, during the progressive era. Back in January 2009, I went on a short trip abroad to London for ten days and fell completely in love. While I don't plan on making London my permanent home, I'd love to live and do research there for a few months. The only problem is, my department has no funds or programs already in place to support research overseas. However, the graduate program director did tell me they would support me in research abroad and would allow me to even take classes for possible credits.

My question is, does anyone know of any summer programs that would allow for a graduate student to study abroad? I don't even know where to start really, but I'd love to spend at least a few weeks of next summer in London for class/research purposes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!