Recommenders notification (University of Maryland PhD)

husky07

I submitted my University of Maryland Application Supplemental Form (ASF) two days ago and my recommenders haven't gotten their notifications yet, is there anyone here applying to Maryland? did you get a confirmation email when you submitted the ASF? did your recommenders get their notifications?

I sent in my ASF to a grad program at UMCP back in November and got a confirmation e-mail that my recommenders had been notified when I submitted my ASF. I emailed my recommenders alerting them that they should have gotten a notification email from UMCP when I submitted the ASF, and none of them told me they didn't, so I assume that means they did . . .

I have a general bone to pick regarding the UMCP application system in general, though. It does seem pretty eff'd up. When I submitted the initial grad school application I got a confirmation saying I would get my login info for the ASF emailed to me within a few days, and I never got that email. I finally managed to get into the ASF by fiddling around on the website and figuring out myself what the login code and password must be. When I had technical questions regarding the application, I contacted the grad school and they were complete idiots and didn't even provide an answer for the question I was asking them. They have that part of grad school staffed by grad assistants and the grad assistants just basically copy and past generic answers from an FAQ file and send you an answer regardless of whether it has anything to do with your problem at hand or not.

I'm not surprised that you're having issues with the ASF. I went through this with my master's program at UMCP a couple of years ago and there were also problems with them processing my LORs through the ASF.

husky07, My husband had the same problem (also applying to maryland) and email the public policy graduate school. He recevied a response today, saying that they resend the notifications to his recommenders and that the email might arrive at the spam inbox, so recommender should check if this is the case.

I am having the same problem. Submitted my app a month ago and my letter writers have yet to receive an e-mail. I have also e-mailed the school and am yet to receive a response. If anyone resolves this issue, be sure to let us all know.